Old version of 1Password won't open [legacy 32-bit apps cannot run on iOS 11 or 12]

Comments

• cummins
    cummins
    Community Member

I have the same issue - upgraded to IOS11 and forgot about 1password (:
    support ID is
    [#TCY-32222-757

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

HI @cummins -- thanks for the heads-up; someone will be with you shortly via email.

ref: TCY-32222-757

• jamiebo69
    jamiebo69
    Community Member

Hi I have the same problem after upgrading to iOS11. My support ID is [#VJQ-48327-862]. Thanks in advance for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jamiebo69: Sure thing! We'll get back to you shortly and get the ball rolling. :)

ref: VJQ-48327-862

• LittlePingu
    LittlePingu
    Community Member

Hi I have the same problem after updating to ios 11. My support ID is #VCP-26546-853. Thank you for your assistance!

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@LittlePingu: Thanks for letting us know! We'll get in touch soon. :+1:

ref: VCP-26546-853

• andi_mack
    andi_mack
    Community Member

Hello, My case # is #DHK-31387-672 Let me know what else you need to get started with recovery. Thanks Andi

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andi_mack: Thanks! I'll get back to you via email shortly.

ref: DHK-31387-672

And for anyone else, as mentioned in Ben's instructions above, it is necessary to know — you, not us! — the Master Password (otherwise it will not be possible to do anything with the encrypted data, even if it can be recovered) and have a computer to use. Anyone can follow the instructions there to contact us via email if those requirements are met, and we'll walk you through the process.

• h2onrox
    h2onrox
    Community Member

Please add me to the list: #DKC-96979-946. Mac and iPhone user. Yes, I know my Master Password.

• kimthompson101
    kimthompson101
    Community Member

My support ID is #FQT-14668-386. I’m a Mac and iPhone user, as well. Thanks for your help!

• Paola
    Paola
    Community Member

Hello! Same problem as everyone above. My support ID is [#AMK-38867-448]. Any assistance will be appreciated.

• Paola
    Paola
    Community Member

Hello! Same problem as everyone above. My support ID is [#AMK-38867-448]. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@h2onrox: Since Steve has already been working with you via email, let's continue the conversation there.

ref: DKC-96979-946

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kimthompson101: Thanks! We'll get back to you via email shortly.

ref: WGN-85111-722

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Paola: Thank you! We'll respond via email soon.

ref: AMK-38867-448

• jwilman
    jwilman
    Community Member

same problem with 1password3 not opening after upgrading iOS. Support . My support ID is [#CYG-99591-329]. please help!!!!!!

• istefke
    istefke
    Community Member

I have the same issue - upgraded to IOS11 and forgot about 1password (:

support ID is [#JNZ-69739-463

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2017

@jwilman

Thank you for sending the information. I've flagged your message for the appropriate folks.

Ben

ref: CYG-99591-329

• @istefke

Got it! Thanks. We'll be in touch via email ASAP.

Ben

ref: JNZ-69739-463

• L_H_58
    L_H_58
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    My support ID: [#XJV-78879-944].
    Please help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @L_H_58,

I've located your email in our system and passed it along to the appropriate team, you should see a response soon.

ref: XJV-78879-944, BIR-11163-249

• L_H_58
    L_H_58
    Community Member

Thanks Megan!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• rossellav
    rossellav
    Community Member

Hi, Ben, with the iOS 11 update no longer works 1password. Before login was 4 digits, now the 1password app also asks for a master password but I can not retrieve it by mail because that mail is no longer in use.
    How can I retrieve all my data and enter the updated 1password? Thanks so much

• charlottec
    charlottec
    Community Member

Hi there... I have the same issue. My support ID is #MLV-65686-599. Thanks heaps!

• Peeps13_98
    Peeps13_98
    Community Member

I have an iPhone 6S and have the same issue. My support ID is: [#GXX-67248-751]

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @charlottec - I've passed your email on to the appropriate team internally; you should have a reply soon.

ref: MLV-65686-599

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Peeps13_98 - received your email; someone should be along to help you shortly. Thanks!

ref: GXX-67248-751

• @rossellav

If you do not know your Master Password, which you set when originally creating your 1Password vault, it will not be possible to access your 1Password data.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Hi

I hope I am not showing my ignorance here. With the move to a fully 64bit environment, isn't there a compatibility checker or list for apps before the upgrade? Unless the assumption is that everyone moves in tandem 1Password 3/4 to 6.x and iOS upgrades) which isn't the case here otherwise you would not be hearing about these issues.

I heard that warnings started showing up with iOS 10.3.x but my software was mostly compatible and I never saw any warning.

https://theverge.com/2017/9/19/16332562/ios-11-32-64-bit-apps-update-wont-work-apple-iphone

"Apple has built a handy tool into iOS 11 that can show you all the apps on your device that won’t work with the coming update. To do that, navigate to Settings -> General -> About -> Applications on your iPhone, and you’ll get a list of the apps currently installed on your phone that haven’t been updated for iOS 11. (You can also access this on iOS 11, but at that point it will be too late.)"

"Before you update, however, it’s probably worth checking to make sure that there’s nothing mission critical getting messed up on your device. Although at this point, unless you get very lucky, odds are that most things that haven’t been updated for 64-bit probably won’t be, so it might be time to just give them up."

None of this affects me so I am just wondering.

This discussion has been closed.