To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

The Secret Key and Master Password that were originally set up with my email have been changed.

lbheller01
lbheller01
Community Member

I am unable to check my account. I can't delete my email from your system and start over. I am concerned that someone is using my email to logon to websites and set passwords and that I will have no control over the consequences.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• lbheller01
    lbheller01
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Can't sign on, Can't start over.

1Password Version:6
    _Extension Version:4.6.11.91
    _OS Version:osx 10.11.6
    _Sync Type:
    Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:sign on

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

Hi @lbheller01,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I don’t see any indication that there has been any unauthorized access to your 1Password account. In fact I only show access from one device, ever, using the Firefox web browser. And all activity on your account has been recorded from the same IP address. Based on that information it seems highly unlikely that someone accessed your account.

If you’d like to delete your account and start over we can help with that, but we’d need to move this conversation to a more private setting (email). Please let me know. :)

Are there things other than the fact that you cannot login to your 1Password account that lead you to believe someone may be creating accounts using your email address? Have you been receiving emails to that effect? Unfortunately you can’t really stop someone from filling out a registration form and sticking your email address in there, but you should take steps to secure your email account if you believe someone may have access to it (change the password, enable two-factor/two-step authentication if available, etc).

Thanks.

Ben

ref: RAJ-88688-831

• lbheller01
    lbheller01
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks.
    Glad to hear the access has been me alone. I changed my email password today.
    On one sign-on I got a bad Master Password error. On another the 4th-9th characters of my Secret Key didn't match. I started the project in June and am just now picking it back up. I may never even have purchased 1Password. I was careful to make copies of the Emergency Kit and wrote the Master Password down and copied that immediately. But something is wrong. So, I'd just like to start over.

Larry

• lbheller01
    lbheller01
    Community Member

Three days of this now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hey @lbheller01, I'm sorry for the delays here! As Ben mentioned, we do need to handle the process of starting over via e-mail, so I've gone ahead and replied to the e-mail you sent on Friday to get that process started. Thank you for your patience! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.