1Password Homepage bug report

richardevs
richardevs
Community Member

The Travel mode pic seems a bit off... 1366 x 768 Normal Windows Laptop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @richardevs,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about that! By "a bit off", do you mean the "devices when you travel" text is too close to the yellow "Safe for Travel" rectangle below it?

I'm not seeing quite the same thing at the bottom of https://1password.com/ (there's some space between that text and the yellow rectangle). Can you please let us know which browser you're using, and which version?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi Drew

Should people be made aware that these pictures may be for illustrative purposes only and not indicative of the final/actual product? I do know about Travel Mode but I also know that Travel Mode in Teams doesn't appear to look as it appears in the site.

Like this?

I have not marked any of my vaults safe for travel.

• Lemimouth
    Lemimouth
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi @Drew_AG,

It happens on Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 Creator Update (don't know about other versions). The "safe for travel" yellow rectangle appears over the text.

But... who on earth is using IE anyway ? :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

@wkleem: Since there isn't a way to actually enable/disable Travel Mode on the promotional page, I don't think we want to make it appear that this is possible by putting a toggle switch there. ;)

@Lemimouth: Thanks for letting us know! Microsoft is pretty much done with IE and it isn't advanced enough to actually work with the 1Password.com service, but maybe we can at least find a way to make the website look better there. :)

• Lemimouth
    Lemimouth
    Community Member

I'm not using IE but I have a Windows laptop at work and was just curious about this case ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Yes.

And I'm using Chrome 59.0.3071.109 ( Latest Stable Version ) on Windows 10.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs: Wait, what? Okay, that's different. I'm using the same setup here. Do you have extensions that may be modifying the page. I'm just not seeing that here:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Brent:

The Travel mode pic seems a bit off... 1366 x 768 Normal Windows Laptop.

Wait, what? Okay, that's different. I'm using the same setup here. Do you have extensions that may be modifying the page. I'm just not seeing that here:

Try resizing your screen to that resolution?

If you have your screen maximised assuming 1920 x 1020 (16:9), you probably won't see the intended result.

I haven't seen WXGA type screen 1MP resolutions for a long time in any PCs.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Have you been able to reproduce it as you've suggested trying, wkleem?

Looks fine for me at 1366 x 768 in Responsive Design Mode (RDM) with Safari 10.1.1 on macOS 10.12.5, regardless of which User Agent is selected.

With iPad Pro selected in RDM, it's sort of the inverse of what @richardevs reported:

Maybe too much space between Safe for Travel and the text above it instead of not enough? :)

I'm curious if @richardevs (or anyone else) is seeing similar rendering issues other 1password.com pages.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@sjk, I did try on my Win 7 PC, switching from the default 1920 x 1020 to XGA 1024 x 768. Depending on whether the browser window is maximised or not, I get differing resilts.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Screenshots below for XGA 1024 x 768 res. I don't have RDM installed anywhere.

When Chrome browser is at Maximised:

When the Chrome browser is resized manually, it can look like what's below (vertically):

Here's a third screen capture at 1920 x 1080 screen manually resized (horizontally):

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, I tried 1366x768 after I tested at my native resolution, but it didn't look appreciably different so I didn't bother with a second screenshot.

It's not possible for us to accommodate all screen/browser sizes perfectly without any presentation issues, but we'll continue to work to refine the website. Thanks everyone for the feedback! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi

I am speculating what will happen with the 2:1 ratio phones out now (LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8/8+ and more on the way like iPhone 8? I don't have any of these models.

IOS and other mobile browsers don't have the ability to surf in a windowed mode. Only desktop OSes do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure this is the appropriate venue for this sort of general tech speculation, but if their browsers use full web standards well they should be okay. If you're having trouble with the website on a specific device, be sure to let us know as richardevs did. However, it is worth noting that recent iPads can display multiple apps at once, and on a 12.9" Pro these can both be full size. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Thanks. I was thinking about the 2:1 ratio, being elongated, users may experience the issue that richardevs did while in landscape and less in portrait mode as evident by my screenshots above.

sjk: I'm curious if @richardevs (or anyone else) is seeing similar rendering issues other 1password.com pages.

@sjk, what was the orientation of your iPad Pro when you took the screenshot, Landscape or Portrait?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks. I was thinking about the 2:1 ratio, being elongated, users may experience the issue that richardevs did while in landscape and less in portrait mode as evident by my screenshots above.

It's certainly possible, we just can't do much with regard to hypothetical bugs. ;)

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@brenty I think I found the problem, when I close my bookmarks bar, it recovers to the right spot.

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs: Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Mystery solved. Thank you! It was driving me nuts that I was seeing something different and I totally didn't notice that. It makes sense: we're assuming a slightly higher vertical resolution than what you get with the extra toolbar taking up screen real estate. Cheers! :)

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@brenty It somehow got worse... ( 1366 x 768 with bookmark bar )

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs: Thanks for letting me know. We'll see what we can do, but I certainly don't have any screens with that sort of aspect ratio — even on my phones — so I'm not sure we want to make changes just to accommodate that.

This discussion has been closed.