To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

If I delete the account on my iPhone will it erase the account I am syncing in Dropbox with my Mac?

Options
Ochoajo
Ochoajo
Community Member

My iPhone hasn't been syncing for over 9 months, now it's asking to merge the old and the new. I would rather delete what is on my iPhone and sync anew with the primary account in my dropbox folder.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does merging accounts take the data from the newest account and delete the old?

Comments

• @Ochoajo: If your iPhone vault is majorly out of sync, merging can be a bit dodgy. It should keep the newest data, but any time I'm messing with data, I always create backups first -- just to be safe. You can then either merge, if you'd like, or delete your iPhone app and reinstall to start from scratch on iOS and sync up with your Mac's vault by tapping Dropbox on the Welcome screen.

Do keep in mind that if your iPhone hasn't been syncing, any changes you've made on your iPhone will be lost when you delete the app, so I'd definitely create a backup of that vault if you decide to go this route. This way you can still restore your existing iOS data, if you need to for any reason. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.