To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't find secret key or account info even though I have used 1Password for years

oliviazsun
oliviazsun
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

I have been using 1Password for years. All is in general fine. iOS app, and Mac app and Safari extension. I just realised, if I get a new Mac etc, I probably don't remember the original login info. So I went to 1password.com tried to login, I tried several email accounts did not work. on my iOS app, I can't find secret key (version 6.9), and Settings->Account is blank. Please help. app data has always been restored to a new iPhone with previous backup and the app and extension on Mac has been set up for several years, but I can't find any info/hint pointing to my original login info, i am just afraid if I get a new mac I will i have problem setting up. Is it my account just tied to my iCloud ? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi there @oliviazsun :)
    1Password.com, accounts, secret keys and login info is all only for people with 1Password Memberships, the hosted subscription service that AgileBits brought out about a year ago. You, on the other hand, as you say, sync through iCloud. If that is ideed the case, then yes, your 1Password data is synced to iCloud and when you get a new device, you can resync 1Password with iCloud and get back all your stuff.

If you don't want to worry about manual syncing and losing access to your data if you lose a device or anything of the sort, might I suggest a 1Password membership? It has a whole whack of benefits such as access to the 1Password apps on all platforms, including all upgrades, and simple, seamless syncing between all your devices. It also has the extra security protection of the Secret Key.

Anyways, hope that helps clear things up. Let me know if you have any other questions on the topic. :)
    Corey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oliviazsun: Indeed, if you're syncing your 1Password data with iCloud, you'll just need to set up 1Password to use that on your new Mac. 1Password.com accounts are a bit easier — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data — but you can also continue using the setup you already have if you're happy with that. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.