To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't locate my secret code to log-in. I am a licensed 1Password6 user.

Options
RobertGay77
RobertGay77
Community Member

I'm trying to upgrade and buy the Family plan, but in attempting to sign in, it is asking me for a secret code, which is not in my license email I received upon purchase of the original license.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can't locate my secret code to log-in. I am a licensed 1Password6 user.

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @RobertGay77 :)
    Sorry for the confusion. Secret Keys are only used for people with 1Password.com subscription accounts. You, as a license holder don't have one. If what you are trying to do is upgrade to a 1Password Families subscription then this guide will walk you through the process of doing so, including migrating your data to your new account.

Hope that helps :)
    Corey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RobertGay77: Indeed, if you're a long-time 1Password user but haven't yet signed up for a 1Password.com membership, you can do that and get a free trial here:

1Password.com

A 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can find more information on the differences here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.