The Safari extension breaks youtube from recording videos to "watch history".

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

It seems not to be 1password specific as the watch history is only recorded if all extensions are disabled, any one that's left enabled completely breaks the functionality. Just curious if there're any insights here since contacting youtube is impossible and contacting apple about a youtube specific problem seems pointless. thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Safari Extension youtube

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@adam0293: What do you mean by "recording videos to watch history"? Maybe there's a bad interaction with the Javascript on YouTube. I know I've had some weird issues there in the past that were only resolved by clearing all of the data for the site in Safari. Worth a shot.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Watch History doesn't update for videos viewed in the browser. They don't show up in the Watch History list or show as have been watched already. Videos watched on iOS update fine and show up on the browser but like I said if even one extension is still enabled the functionality on youtube breaks. Cleared all the youtube website data in Safari preferences and it didn't seem to fix it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adam0293: You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/feed/history

I'm actually not able to get YouTube to update this at all when I use Safari, even after clearing the data and disabling 1Password, but it seems to work fine for videos I watch in Firefox. I'll continue to look into this, but given that I'm not confident there's anything we can do to help. :(

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it's that exactly. You have to disable all extensions not just 1Password to make it work. Thanks for looking into it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

No problem! But no thanks for pointing it out: this is going to drive me nuts too now that I'm aware of it. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.