Having Wordpress's "Remember Me" checked automatically

Options

Hi there,

I have a few hundred Wordpress sites I manage. I use 1P and love it. But most of my sites, don't have the "Remember me" option checked in the form. I want to add it. If I delete and redo each one - I lose the history (which I sometimes need), and (with so many sites) is really time-consuming. Is there an option to add in, like a hidden field variable, so that it can be checked automatically when I auto-fill a form from 1P? Thanks!

morgan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morganf: Without the URL I can't test and say for sure (especially since I've seen plenty of Wordpess sites that work differently), but you may be able to do this by manually saving a login with the properties you want: the username and password filled, and the box checked. This won't work on every site, but it does for me in a number of cases.

Manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials and check the box
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mattrad
    mattrad
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@morganf If you have a few hundred WP sites you're managing, I hope you're using something like ManageWP or InfiniteWP. Those management services have the ability to upload scripts to be run across all sites. If so, you could add this to functions.php or similar to ensure Remember Me? is ticked on all sites:

function mattrad_login_checked_remember_me() {
        add_filter( 'login_footer', function() {

echo "<script>document.getElementById('rememberme').checked = true;</script>";

} );
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'mattrad_login_checked_remember_me' );

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @morganf,

I don't even manage one WP site so I can't comment on mattrad's post except to say it seems a clever idea to alter the site's default if that's a reasonable approach.

1Password may not be ticking the checkbox because it wasn't ticked when your original item was saved. If this turns out to be the case then editing a Login item and clicking the show web form details may offer the possibility of ticking a checkbox thereby altering how 1Password fills with this Login item.

If you created your Login item from within the main 1Password window it won't have saved input fields such as these but if you edit the Login item, click the show web form details button you can add a Checkbox field and I would recommend titling it rememberMe. You should find this edited item will now also fill the checkbox.

Between these two approaches I would expect most existing Login items could be adapted meaning no need to save a new Login item but depending on how many WP sites you access this could be tedious. That's where mattrad's suggestion may make life easier.

• morganf
    morganf
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!!! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If something @mattrad or I posted helped that's great @morganf, glad we be of assistance :smile:

This discussion has been closed.