1Password6 and official app from agilebits

JAGSTAR77
JAGSTAR77
Community Member

What is 1Password 6 and why is 1Password still on my MacBook and is it your official app? Do I need to worry about it and should i delete my original 1Paasword App

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:What is 1Password6 and why is 1Password still on my MacBook?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @JAGSTAR77 :)
    1Password and 1Password 6 are effectively the same app, they're just named differently depending on where you downloaded them. 1Password 6 is from the AgileBits website whereas 1Password is downloaded from the Mac App Store. You do not need both, but make sure you have all your data on the one you are keeping before deleting the other one.

Hope that helps. :)
    Corey

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @JAGSTAR77! To elaborate a bit on what @Corey_C said, you should only have one copy of 1Password on your Mac at any time, so you don't risk entering data into two different databases. When you decide which one you plan to keep, just drag the other one to the trash; don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Let us know if you have any problems.

• JAGSTAR77
    JAGSTAR77
    Community Member

Thank you for helping me too find out about this and making sure that everything is ok and don't need to worry. I will be making the changes as so as I can, 1Password has help me so much and love using it with all my apps and logins every day..

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAGSTAR77,

I'm glad to hear that 1Password is a useful app for you! If you ever have any questions or concerns, we're always here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.