To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am unable to import 1Password 4 data file from Dropbox backup. Is that the wrong file?

Options

I just set up a 1 Password Account for ver 6. I want to import the former ver 4 data into the new account

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to import 1Password 4 data file from Dropbox backup. Is that the wrong file?

Comments

• Charles_Whittom
    Charles_Whittom
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! ?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @Charles_Whittom :)
    Sorry for the trouble. I just have a few clarification questions. Did you sync your data to dropbox or did you just place the backup file 1Password created in dropbox? And you now have a 1Password.com membership account, as in the one you pay monthly for, correct?

Corey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Charles_Whittom: Indeed, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.