Old version of 1Password won't open [legacy 32-bit apps cannot run on iOS 11 or 12]

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

@wkleem

"Apple has built a handy tool into iOS 11 that can show you all the apps on your device that won’t work with the coming update. To do that, navigate to Settings -> General -> About -> Applications on your iPhone, and you’ll get a list of the apps currently installed on your phone that haven’t been updated for iOS 11. (You can also access this on iOS 11, but at that point it will be too late.)"

This was in iOS 10 also, I’ve actually looked to see because I read an article about iOS 11 not working with some apps. I had 2 apps that were 32 but only and every time I opened them, I got a big pop up warning saying it will not work with iOS 11. These apps I only opened once a week or so, not much at all (one app was only use in the summer because it was a road trip app, and it gave me the warning also). I’m not sure what else could be done, but I was getting these warnings for months. I knew once I updated to iOS 11, 2 apps will not work.

• @wkleem

For months before the iOS 11 launch we included this warning in 1Password 3:

If a customer tapped "skip" this message would appear again the next week. If they tapped "later" it would appear again on the next launch.

Additionally iOS itself would warn users every time they attempted to launch the app:

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@Ben I thought I read somewhere you guys did this. Nice!

• :+1: :)

Ben

• mirela_duras
    mirela_duras
    Community Member

Hello @Ben and @Lars - case ID - [#QXS-54781-542]. I still haven't had any response. I'm simply desperate to get an access to my data stored in 1Password. Thanks for you attention. Mirela

• Hi @mirela_duras

Steve wrote back to you 3 days ago. Perhaps you did not receive his email? I'm re-sending it now. Please check your spam folder if you don't have it within the next 10 minutes.

Ben

ref: QXS-54781-542

• stevebarnmaccom
    stevebarnmaccom
    Community Member

I have a question? Reading Hi@redneck it sounds like he is suggesting DELETING 1password Prov3.6.2 off iPhone so you can force downloading of newer version. My question is this isn't all my info stored within that version? I never set mine up to sysnc with dropbox or anyone else.
    At this point I don't even care if I ever get 1Password back I just want to get all my information and passwords back, so I can write them down on a piece of paper and my brain says if you delete the old version and download the new version I will get a new version that has NONE of MY INFORMATION, i.e. a blank piece of paper which is what I have now.

• digisim
    digisim
    Community Member

Just adding my support ID to resolve the same issue for me.

UXM-93993-728

Thank You

• stevebarnmaccom
    stevebarnmaccom
    Community Member

Ron what is the turn around time? I don't think I have missed any emails from you guys but am going nuts trying to figure out how to recapture my information, I emailed you last Thursday, about downloading Beta OSI and now I can not use my 1Password
    Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

I have a question? Reading Hi@redneck it sounds like he is suggesting DELETING 1password Prov3.6.2 off iPhone so you can force downloading of newer version. My question is this isn't all my info stored within that version? I never set mine up to sysnc with dropbox or anyone else. At this point I don't even care if I ever get 1Password back I just want to get all my information and passwords back, so I can write them down on a piece of paper and my brain says if you delete the old version and download the new version I will get a new version that has NONE of MY INFORMATION, i.e. a blank piece of paper which is what I have now.

@stevebarnmaccom: Yeah, definitely don't delete anything. Deleting an iOS app removes all of its data. Installing a fresh copy from the App Store will be just like the first time: no data until you enter it.

Ron what is the turn around time? I don't think I have missed any emails from you guys but am going nuts trying to figure out how to recapture my information, I emailed you last Thursday, about downloading Beta OSI and now I can not use my 1Password

We try to reply to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis, and I think that's fair. I'm sorry that it means you need to wait a bit as we reply to others who have sent messages before you, but I see that (our) Steve is already in contact with you via email. Let's continue the conversation there to avoid confusion, and also slowing things down for everyone as we're trying to reply in multiple places at once.

ref: JMV-38126-468

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@digisim: Thanks! We'll get back to you via email shortly.

ref: UXM-93993-728

• stevebarnmaccom
    stevebarnmaccom
    Community Member

brenty Thanks I understand first come first serve believe me, I have been trying to get my old version updated for 4 months, after I lost all use of 1Password and didn't hear any response via email in 3 days I thought maybe I need to move to this forum.
    thanks for the heads up on not deleting anything! I will try to be patient.

• Murph
    Murph
    Community Member

I have been locked out as well.
    [#WJT-14447-838].
    I would appreciate any help you could provide.
    Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @Murph - I've located your email and someone should be with you soon - hang tight!

ref: WJT-14447-838

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@stevebarnmaccom: It sounds like you never received (our) Steve's previous two emails within the past few days for some reason. Please check your spam folder for support@agilebits.com. I'm going to email you again here shortly (within the next few minutes), but if you're not able to receive it it's going to be difficult to help you get this sorted out. If you're still not able to get email from us at that address, please try another email account and shoot us a message with the following text in the subject line to connect it to the existing conversation: [#JMV-38126-468]

• rvasud
    rvasud
    Community Member

Hello, same issue my support ID VGH-15918-746
    Thank you in advance for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rvasud: Thanks! We'll get back to you via email.

ref: VGH-15918-746

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Ben,

Great job wrt the warnings from old 1Password versions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem - thanks: we knew some people just weren't going to see these warnings, no matter what we did. But we hoped as many people as possible wouldn't get stuck without access to their data, and given the size of our user base, I think it's actually been a pretty successful intervention. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

It's really too bad because if those users who hadn't upgraded had only purchased 1Password 4.0, they would have gotten successive free upgrades to v6.9 plus Pro features. And saved themselves a lot of hassle.

• Indeed. Unfortunately there really isn’t an ideal way to offer paid upgrades on iOS. Many folks were never aware that 1Password 4 for iOS even existed.

Ben

• L_H_58
    L_H_58
    Community Member

Hi,
    Still looking for help with the crashed app after iOS 11 update. ID's #XJV-78879-944 or #SDD-17921-791

• Charun
    Charun
    Community Member

I have the same issue. [#VAS-88725-345]

• jemelo
    jemelo
    Community Member

Hi,

My support id is [#YNH-25183-966. Looking forward for your help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @L_H_58 - it looks like my colleague Steve is helping you out on XJV-78879-944 -- please reply there if you need further assistance. Thanks! :)

ref: XJV-78879-944

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @Charun -- I've located your email, and someone should be with you soon. Can you please send a follow-up letting us know if you meet the requirements listed in this post from earlier in this thread. Make sure to include your ticket ID in the Subject line of your email: [#VAS-88725-345] Thanks! :)

ref: VAS-88725-345

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jemelo - Thanks! Someone should be with you shortly.

ref: YNH-25183-966

• charliecosta
    charliecosta
    Community Member

Hi there,

here is my support ID is [#BTP-67849-239]

Please help, i too cannot access after ios 11 update :(

• stevegreen
    stevegreen
    Community Member

Hi Ben
    Stephen here, support ID [#WTB-79522-416]
    I have sent through the appropriate information to your email.
    Thanks again

This discussion has been closed.