Tag Tree/Browsing

What happened to browsing by tags?

I really miss the functionality to browse by tags. For example, when I want to go pay all my bills I just go to tags->bills and open site by site to get all my stuff done.

I also use tags for work related items, tagging essentially let me stop bookmarking sites I use at work, since I could just go to the proper tag and select from the list there.

I noticed this also seems to be gone in the newest version of the official current plugin. Any chance on a return to a tag browser/tree?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ephur,

Better displaying of tags and browsing by tags is a standard feature across all 1Password apps; therefore it is certainly in the plans for our Chrome app as well. This feature doesn't fall into the removed category, rather it just hasn't been finished yet. You'll see it appear in a future version of 1Password for Chrome. In the meantime, you can type a tag name in the Search bar which should find any item by that tag. This isn't a perfect solution, but it might help you for now.

Thanks for bringing up tag support, you're the first person I've seen mention it on here.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• ephur
    ephur
    Community Member

Indeed! I love tags, tags organize my life! Glad to hear it's on the roadmap. Thanks for being a lot faster with feedback than me haha

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

I'll tag you (my silly attempt at a pun) when we've made progress on adding this feature. :)

Have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.