To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Reset password or delete account - Help

Options
kakita987
kakita987
Community Member

I cannot get into my account. I created the account a while ago, but I didn't stick with it. I want to try it again, and I do have the Secret Key saved. However, I don't know if it is because I typed the Key in or I just don't have the password correct, but I cannot sign in at all.

I need to either reset the master password or delete the account to start fresh.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kakita987
    kakita987
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I do have the Secret Key saved, but it is a screenshot, so I cannot copy and paste. I have checked it a few times over, but all the passwords I would have used don't work. I will be attempting to migrate from Lastpass, so while my passwords are safe for now, it has stopping working completely.

[This comment was merged from: Forgot MasterPassword]

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kakita987

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

It is not possible to reset a Master Password. I've sent you an email with instructions that will help you proceed. Once you've got this sorted out I'd highly recommend printing an Emergency Kit:

About your Emergency Kit

(being sure to keep it updated if you ever change any of your sign in details)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kantx
    kantx
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Exactly same problem here.
    I need to retrieve or recreate secret key.
    To do this, I need to enter 1Password, which I cannot (#1)
    Emergency Kit: same punishment (#1)..
    So ?
    :-)

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kantx! Welcome to the forums! :chuffed:

Just like your self-chosen master password, your Secret Key is never transmitted to us, so we don't have it. You might be able to retrieve your Secret Key if you added your 1Password account to any of the 1Password apps, and can still unlock the app - have a look at our guide here: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/#find-your-secret-key-in-1password

I hope that helps! :+1:

• bernsteinj
    bernsteinj
    Community Member
    Options

I've lost my password for my my.1password.com account, how can I go about deleting my account and starting over as well?

• Hey @bernsteinj! I'd be happy to help out with that. I just sent you an email about this and we'll keep the conversation going there for now. :)

ref: GAY-22324-266

This discussion has been closed.