Chrome 61 on Ubuntu 17.04 looking for 1Password Helper

I'm using Chrome 61.0.3163.100 on Ubuntu 17.04 and installed the plugin via the link in https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79609/a-present-for-linux-and-chrome-os-users#latest. I did receive the dialog/page referring to the beta, but when I try to use the plugin, I'm told it can't find the 1Password Helper.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Ubuntu 17.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• johann_p_koebbe
    johann_p_koebbe
    Community Member

Derp. Ignore/Delete this please. I must have told Google at some point to keep my plugins synchronized, and it silently installed the current version. I noticed two versions in my extensions manager, and the other is 0.8.6. I removed the 4.6.11 version, and I no longer get the helper message. Sorry for the noise.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

No worries @johann_p_koebbe!

Our onboarding/welcome process isn't as intuitive as we'd like but will get better as we push to our first public release. Unfortunately, Google doesn't allow for selectively syncing extensions. The best course of action, for people who want to use 1Password for Chrome on Linux/ChromeOS and our standard 1Password extension on Windows/macOS, is to either turn off syncing of Chrome extensions or use two different Chrome profiles.

Sorry for the confusion, we are working through some of these pains as well. I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.