BUG: Adding a credit card presents a huge form with the hidden bottom with no buttons

The credit card dialog box is huge and the height is taller than my screen so I am not even sure I see all of it, certainly I can not see the buttons at the bottom. It is by chance that the default is OK and pressing Enter does it.
Tried deleting fields. This results in a weird looking page which can not be saved. I see the same thing.
The interesting part, there is no triangles displayed that would allow me to collapse parts of the dialog box.
Creating a new card does not reproduce the problem.
The card was initially created on Android phone and then synced to Windows.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Problem adding a credit card on windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stolnik: Thanks for reaching out. I’m not sure I understand though. Do you perhaps have an odd scaling/zoom level set for your display, or is it incredibly small? I've got a 900 pixel height here, and there's plenty of room.

If you're referring to something different, can you post a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure to remove anything sensitive from it, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• stolnik
    stolnik
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for trying. Will try attaching pictures again.

After trying to delete some fields. However, that does not persist.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@stolnik: It sounds like 1Password for Android creates a credit card item with some extra fields, is this correct? Are you able to reproduce it? Thanks in advance! :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stolnik: Ah. I misunderstood and thought you were seeing this with a brand new Credit Card item too. My fault.

Actually, I think that may be due to a sync conflict. If you'd modified some information on both devices before syncing, rather than throwing away some data (potentially the wrong data), 1Password will simply save a copy of each of the conflicting sections. Definitely delete any which are not needed.

Dropbox is a bit better about handling this since it can sync in (nearly) real time rather than manually when you use WLAN Server yourself, but 1Password.com eliminates the problem by handing sync on the server side. You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Otherwise you can continue using the same setup if you prefer that for some reason, but there are limitations with how conflicts can be handled in that environment.

Thanks so much for the illustration there, as I haven't encountered exactly that myself on Windows. I can see how it would be annoying. You should always be able to hit Esc to cancel or Enter to save though, even if you can't see them at the bottom there, to remove extra information you don't need. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• stolnik
    stolnik
    Community Member

@Greg Yes, it is correct. In fact, all of the CC entries I created on Android at about the same time they have issues on Windows.

@brenty This disproves the hypothesis about the sync issues. I do not think I modified all of them at both locations.

However, I did try this again and then synced. The new CC shows up fine. Perhaps, the issue was specific to a specific version of either Windows or Android. Thus I will simply recreate them.

Thank you for your help.

• stolnik
    stolnik
    Community Member

@Greg @brenty The issue is back. I just tried to edit my newly minted CC entry by deleting one of the bottom fields. Saved it. Opened it again and Voila! I have reproduced the issue. I have a huge dialog box.

• stolnik
    stolnik
    Community Member

@Greg @brenty This time I only used Windows and now I can not delete entries. They do not persist just as with the original report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yes, it is correct. In fact, all of the CC entries I created on Android at about the same time they have issues on Windows.

Thanks for confirming!

This disproves the hypothesis about the sync issues. I do not think I modified all of them at both locations.

Not really. There's still lot we don't know. For example, where did this vault originate? Did you create a vault on each device and then sync them? That's less of a problem with sync services that have conflict resolution, but it's not something that WLAN Server can do for you.

However, I did try this again and then synced. The new CC shows up fine. Perhaps, the issue was specific to a specific version of either Windows or Android. Thus I will simply recreate them. Thank you for your help.

Totally! Thanks for letting us know.

The issue is back. I just tried to edit my newly minted CC entry by deleting one of the bottom fields. Saved it. Opened it again and Voila! I have reproduced the issue. I have a huge dialog box.

But I knew that wouldn't be the end of it! This time I only used Windows and now I can not delete entries. They do not persist just as with the original report.

What do you mean "can not delete entries"?

I'd definitely like to know more (for example, which OS and 1Password versions on Android, and which vault format are you using, and were you previously syncing with different devices?), but this sounds like a conflict between the two vaults. Do you have a "canonical" copy of all of your 1Password data on one device? The solution is likely to be starting over and re-syncing that vault to the other, but please don't do anything until we have a solid plan. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.