No more sync, plugin shows white window, no login

Hello,

today heavy problems. Plugin 0.8.6 (ChromeBook) shows after a longer time white window.

Login at my.1password.com shows:

--
Cannot sign in.

Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down.

After a long time it goes on my.1password.com. But PlugIn shows white window.

Greetings

Jan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,

after a longer time and right-click on white window, the console shoes:

Popup loaded @ 1507047090624. <PRODUCTION=true,SINGLE_PAGE_MODE=false>
    popup.js:1 Background window: Window
    popup.js:1 Background window: Window
    popup.js:1 Rendering react app. Locked=false
    popup.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) null

C @ popup.js:1

The last "popup.js:1"-entry is marked as error.

Greetings

Jan

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,

at the my.1password.com I could not read my entries od my Vault. After a longer time it shows

Failed to load vault:

Request timed out. This probably means that you’re not connected to the Internet or our servers are down.

Greetings Jan

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,

when I look at "options" of the plugin, I have 2 Accounts with the same Name. Both show "(locked)".

Greetings

Jan

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Harlie,

In most cases, when you see:

That means your computer can't access the 1Password servers. There are plenty of reasons this can happen, like a poor network connection, security software or firewalls blocking the connection, or our servers being down for maintenance.

I'd like you to try signing out of both accounts in options (clicking one should sign out of both) and sign back into your 1Password account. Also, have you noticed issues with your Chromebook connecting to any other websites?

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,

network connection was ok. No firewall. No security software.
    No problems with other websites with the Chromebook.
    Signing out of both accounts I have done several times. Does not solve the problem.
    Same problem on macOS, Chrome and the Chrome App yesterday.
    No problem with Firefox and Firefox App yesterday.
    No problem with Android App yesterday.

Today it looks as if it works.

Greetings

Jan

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Harlie: Thanks for the additional information. I'm delighted to hear that everything is working today, but please let us know if you experience similar issues in the future. In the meantime, I'll check a few things on our end to see if I can find a cause.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• abscondment
    abscondment
    Community Member

I can get my system into this state fairly consistently by suspending/resuming and attempting to access the 1Password extension before WiFi has re-established a connection. When this happens, I get nothing but white and can't do anything to change that state.

I pulled up the console errors from the extension in this state; let me know if I can provide any other information to help track this down!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for providing your experience @abscondment. We've made some changes to 1Password for Chrome, that will be included in our next release to help prevent entering this weird state. Stay tuned for that update! :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• megwatson
    megwatson
    Community Member

Hi there,

I am also having the "white box" problem. I rebooted my machine and it seemed to work for awhile, but now it is back to the white box.

Not sure what is causing it, I am definitely connected to the internet. Suggestions?

Meg

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey, @megwatson: We are in the final review on an update that should help weed out many of the issues causing that "white box." I don't want to make any promises yet, but I'm interested to hear if it helps. I'll post an update here when we've released it.

In the meantime, you should be able to reset 1Password for Chrome (clearing that white box) by opening the extensions page (Windows > Extensions) and toggling the Enabled checkbox for 1Password.

Thanks for your patience.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.