1Password extension for Microsoft Edge [Available now in the Windows Store]

Comments

• infinus
    infinus
    Community Member

Is the public beta a new version? Will those of us on the closed beta have to reinstall or will it come down as an update?

• MikeT
    edited September 2017

Hi @infinus,

It should be available as an update to everyone once approved/reviewed by Microsoft.

Note that the keyboard shortcut support will require the desktop 1Password 6.8 beta 1 that we are also in process of releasing soon.

• MikeT
    edited September 2017

Just an update; 1Password 6.8 Beta 1 is out with keyboard shortcut support and a few other improvements for 1Password extension in Edge. These depend on the update that's still stuck in the review process at the Windows Store.

• MikeT
    edited October 2017

No progress on the review process for the open release but all beta testers should now see the 1Password extension 6.8.461 update available in the Windows Store. This brings support for the keyboard shortcut in Microsoft Edge.

• chriswheeler
    chriswheeler
    Community Member

When I try to redeem the code it says it already has been. I dont think I got the app originally from the store. Is there a way to obtain and test the plugin?

• Hi @chriswheeler,

Can you click on this link on the PC with the Windows Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRDR64J

It should open 1Password in the Windows Store, try installing it and see if it works.

• Hey folks,

Microsoft has approved us and 1Password will be available to everyone within 24 hours.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

I just got the update here. No idea whether it's publicly available yet, but I'll find out the next time I visit my mother and try to get Edge support working for her.

• We'd love to know her feedback as she try to install it as we still want to know what we can do to improve it.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member

Well done, folks!
    I've noticed a bit of strange behaviour when using the latest release on the slow circuit of Windows 10 - it seems the extension stops opening up. The only way to get it back is to uninstall and re-install. No correlation to any activities spotted, sorry - it just stops working. (I've created a video, but can't seem to attach it here.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Wilhelm: Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear that workaround helps, but we'll see what we can do to make it more reliable with future betas. You could always upload the video to YouTube and post the URL here (it will show inline — just be sure it does not include any sensitive information!), or shoot us an email at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member

Aah - shows you how 'in a box' the mind can become! Here you go: https://youtu.be/GCjzNbwaAoI - thanks, @brenty

• Hi @Wilhelm,

Rather then reinstalling 1Password, can you close Edge, wait 5 seconds and then open Edge, does it work?

• Scott05
    Scott05
    Community Member

Is the extension available for everyone in the Windows Store now? When I go to the link provided (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/1password/9wzdncrdr64j) it says 1Password is currently not available.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member

Oops, sorry @MikeT - I have already re-installed, so now it's working fine again... or so I thought: just got the attached message when I ran it after re-install. (I think it might also have to do with the fact that the latest Beta installed a few minutes ago. I'll do a restart and let you know what's happened...)

• Hi guys,

@Scott05, I don’t see it public here either, nor our devs in Canada. Microsoft said it will take 24 hours for it to be visible to everyone but given our experience with them, I would say it may take more than that, maybe up to 72 hours.

@Wilhelm, that’s not good. Please do submit that crash when you restart 1Password, we want to fix that ASAP. There is a potential issue where launching 1Password in Edge while 1Password is installing an update could cause the install to fail but it shouldn’t crash like that.

• MikeT
    edited October 2017

Hi guys, the 1Password extension is now available in the Windows Store for us.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

It is? I've tried to access the ext. via Edge, which brings up the store, but 1p is not listed. When I try via 1p in settings, it just offers to install the chrome extension.

• Hi @rlgleason51,

We'll get in touch with Microsoft about listing it on the Extensions page as it is not done by default.

Open the Windows Store and search for 1Password or click here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRDR64J

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

The link worked. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• It should now also be available on the Edge Extensions page of the Windows Store.

• jmanes
    jmanes
    Community Member

I also noticed that the edge extension just stops opening. Closing Edge and waiting a while fixes it sometimes. Sometimes not.

• Durishin
    Durishin
    Community Member

So...Like...No mention of this in the AgileBits Blog? Do you guys need some help with that? I'm available...

• @Durishin: Spoilers! :wink: I won't say too much as we're still talking about exact timing, but we will make a more public announcement at some point so keep an eye out. :chuffed:

@jmanes: I've also experienced the issue with Edge ceasing to be responsive after an extended session, but generally the restart has resolved it for me. Keep in mind that restarting Edge too quickly can keep the extension from launching as well, so the waiting a bit portion is important, but I wouldn't expect problems to continue after waiting a few seconds to relaunch. Can you give us a feel for how often restarting Edge doesn't resolve things?

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

So is this available for people using the standalone version of 1password?

• punkdaft
    punkdaft
    Community Member

Hi guys, getting this error constantly on Edge launch?

• Roanoke
    Roanoke
    Community Member

Yeah, I get the same error as punkdaft.

• @lblalock_1Pass: It's not available for standalone users now, but it will be with 1Password 7. I honestly can't speak to whether or not this Edge extension could be made to work with 1Password 4, but regardless we felt that time would be better spent on 1Password 7 anyhow. Y'all won't even have to ask this sort of question anymore (because everything in 1Password 7 will be available for standalone users) and I, for one, can't wait for that. :chuffed:

@punkdaft and @Roanoke: Could both of y'all let me know what version of 1Password 6 you're running? Is it constant for you as well, @Roanoke? I probably won't have an excellent answer for y'all until the development team returns Monday or Tuesday (Monday is a Canadian holiday), but I can at least see if I can reproduce it and try to find a workaround. :+1:

For those getting a non-responsive extension not corrected be restarting Edge: Next time it gets "stuck" as non-responsive, could y'all send over a diagnostics report via e-mail? Let us know when you've sent it and what support ID you receive and we'll take a look. Also, please check if you see the Edge extension process running in Task Manager after you restart Edge and the extension remains non-responsive. If so, end that process, restart Edge again, and let us know if that gets things working again. We'll still want to see if we can track down what's causing this, but hopefully killing that process will at least get things working for y'all in the meantime. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.