Forgotten Master Password

Comments

• huld4
    huld4
    Community Member

Hello,

I do not want to create new topic so I will ask here. I created my password approx 1,5y ago and I forgot it. I did restore my iphone 6s iOS11 yesterday and I cannot log in.
    I may be able to remembered my password when I know 1password requirements.
    Please, can you share with me the requirements of password? l(ength, numbers, capital letters, symbols, etc..)?

Thank you for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @huld4 -- thanks for writing in, and I'm sorry to hear about the forgotten Master Password! I've gone ahead and split off your discussion from the thread you posted in because your topic is quite different from that one.

Unfortunately, we do not have your Master Password and we cannot reset it for you. There are also no restrictions for length of your Master Password except a maximum character limit of 64. You can use upper/lowercase letters, numerals, symbols in any combination. Even spaces are permitted. We do have some suggestions for you that may help, but if none of that works for you, I'm afraid you'll have to start over with a fresh vault. Instructions for starting over are included at the bottom of that link as a final suggestion. Good luck! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

• huld4
    huld4
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Hi @Lars,

Thank you for your feedback. I am not able to log in on my iPhone, but I am still able to log in on my iPad with FingerPrint.
    Can it somehow help me to recevory password on my iPhone even if I do not know masterpassword?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@huld4 -- I'm not quite sure what you mean by "can it somehow help me to recovery password on my iPhone..."

If you were previously syncing your 1Password data between your iPad and your iPhone by means of either Dropbox or iCloud, then you should be able to start over on your iPhone 6S and bootstrap the data from your sync keychain. Were you previously syncing your data? If so, by what sync method?

• huld4
    huld4
    Community Member

I solved this by creating of new acc.

Thank you for your support in this case.

• Thanks for the update, @huld4. Glad to hear you were able to find a solution that works for you here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.