Have 1P on laptop, now on new iPhone, how do I import data?

Options
goldfinch
goldfinch
Community Member

I've used 1P on laptops for years. Now I have an iPhone, finally figured out how to get 1P account recognized (clue: there are TWO master passwords, one I use to open vault on laptop, another needed to log into 1P account online) but how now do I get the passwords my laptop has, onto the iPhone? Why doesn't it get it off iCloud as other apps do?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:import vault to iOS

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @goldfinch :)
    So hold on, you have both a 1Password.com subscription account and a standalone vault synced through iCloud, correct? Have you already added the 1Password.com account on your iPhone? If that's the case, you will have to go to Settings>Vaults and click "Enable Standalone Vaults". Once that is done follow these instructions to sync your standalone vault with iCloud and get that data back.

Hope that helps. :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @goldfinch,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble, and for any additional confusion caused by some of the various options we offer. It would help if you could please clarify if your intention is to use 1Password “standalone” and sync with iCloud or if you want to use a 1Password membership account. Only the latter has a web interface where you can log into a web page and view your passwords in a web browser.

You can read about the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.