To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot Master Password... Need Account Reset.

Options
BrianJT
BrianJT
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Memberships

Hi!

I am one of the many dinks who started 1password a month ago or so, created an AWESOME SUPER SECRET NEVER USED Password, and never had a chance to get back to using 1password. Thus, the problem being... it was so AWESOME, so SECRET, NEVER used password, that I literally have no clue what the heck it is... It's like there's nothing in my memory where that password should be, sooo empty, that when I try to access the password in my memory, it comes up not only empty, but null...nothing.

SO, long story short, moron tried to start using 1password, made password, forgot password, need acount completely reset, there really is nothing in there at the moment.

Thank you,

Brian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BrianJT
    BrianJT
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I apologize if anyone thought I was being irreverent, I was just trying to have a humorous take on a problem that probably happens too often.

I started an account, but do not remember my password, I would like my account reset. My account name is the email tied to this account.

My apologies and thank you,

BJT

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@BrianJT: No worries! I thought it was a bit harsh, but I can be pretty hard on myself too when I make a mistake — I think that's our prerogative. I appreciate that sort of self-deprecating humour too. Louis CK, eat your heart out! :lol: :+1:

Anyway, I see you've also emailed us separately, so I'll respond there shortly and we can get things sorted out. :)

ref: NYL-16491-373

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrianJT I really liked your humor in the first post :). While @brenty is going to assist you, I suggest that you read this article https://blog.agilebits.com/2011/06/21/toward-better-master-passwords/ which will help you create a nice Master Password that you can remember.

• Thank you @Mathieu_G, that's an excellent idea and we appreciate the information. :+1: Definitely one of my favorite blog posts.

This discussion has been closed.