To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Start over

Options
jeanco
jeanco
Community Member

I have lost my master password, I have done all the steps to try to access it but I can’t, I have a new iPhone and it doesn’t let me sign in with thumb print, I’ve tried to use back up no good. I pay for family account and no I can’t access it on other devices either. How do I delete my family account and start over. I have already erased on iCloud but it hasn’t given my the ability to start new with a new secret key etc etc. at this point your security is so good, I’m thinking of just canceling my service completely and start over somewhere else.

It’s my fault I know, I’m just tired of dealing with this and feel I can’t even just delete the thing and it frustrates me more. I’ve emailed and twittted and have gotten zero response... that also adds to it.

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @jeanco :)
    Sorry for the trouble. Today is a holiday in the US and Canada, so answers may be a little slower coming than usual. As for your issue, you say you have a Families account. Does anyone else on that account have Family Organizer privileges? If so, they will be able to help you recover your account with a new secret key and master password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hey @jeanco -- I'm sorry for the trouble! @Corey_C is right that it's still nominally a holiday weekend here, but we'll try to take care of you nonetheless. :)

We try very hard to make 1Password as easy to use as possible, but as with most things, there is a bit of a learning curve, no matter how we try to ease that burden. We'd love to be able to help you recover your data, so let's start there.

If you have only yourself in your 1Password Families account, then no one else can help you recover your account (as Corey was thinking might be possible). However, there are other little tips and tricks you might use to help you remember a Master Password, which can be found here: https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/#if-you-think-you-remember-your-master-password That would be the first step I'd suggest.

I'm not sure why you said you erased on iCloud, since if you have a 1Password Families account, you aren't using iCloud so there should be nothing to erase. Do you have local vaults in addition to your 1Password Families account? Or do you have only the 1Password Families account?

ref: HUG-65844-349

This discussion has been closed.