To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there a User ID associated with my 1Password Account in the event i had to re-install the app

eoelerich
eoelerich
Community Member

Trying to document 1Password for my 'kids' in the event I'vd 'moved on' .. I don't remember if
I had an associated user ID during the initial set-up .. If there is a User ID, where would I find it ?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password user id

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @eoelerich :)
    Well, that depends on your 1Password setup. The information you provided says you sync your 1Password data with iCloud and do not have a 1Password.com subscription account. Is this correct? If so, then you wouldn't have a 1Password user id per se. You would, however, need your Apple ID user id (email) and password, as well as your master password, of course, in order to re-sync your 1Password data.

• eoelerich
    eoelerich
    Community Member

Thanks Corey - I do have credentials to the 1Password.com site.. I didn't know if that entered into the picture

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Oh, @eoelerich so you do have a 1Password.com account? That absolutely matters. In that case, then yes, you do have a user id. It is the email you used to sign up. All the information your kids would need to access your 1Password account in case something were to happen to you can be found on your Emergency Kit.

• eoelerich
    eoelerich
    Community Member

Thanks !!!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

My pleasure @eoelerich. Happy to help! :) :+1:

• Hi @eoelerich - I'm glad Corey was able to help out :smile: If you haven't done so already, please make sure you print out your Emergency Kit and store this in a safe & secure location. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask, we'll be here if you need us. :smile:

• eoelerich
    eoelerich
    Community Member

Hi Frank - I mis-informed Corey.. I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store.. So I do not have a 1Password account on 1Password.com.. Having said that, is there an Emergency Kit availble for folks hat purchased the product through that App Store.
    Also is there a Product Key associated with my 1Password and if so, where would I locate it.. thanks

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @eoelerich :)
    Only people with subscription accounts have Emergency Kits. If you purchased a subscription through the App Store, then yes, you do. If you just purchased the app on its own, then no you don't.

As for a product key, App Store purchases are tied to the Apple ID that purchased them, not to a product key. In order to re-download 1Password and retain your purchase, you have to download it using the same Apple ID that you originally purchased it with.

• eoelerich
    eoelerich
    Community Member

Thanks again !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, @eoelerich -- feel free to drop by anytime if you have questions or issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.