Problem report window continues to open 1Password 4

........... please how to stop this happening and then how to access all my pw'd to save to a file where I can view/print 'til I am able to sort a better solution.

I cannot simply upgrade OS to use your latest online app :( .................. Mac 10.9.5 currently

Sorry to present such a problem, letting me have a work around for now would be great, many thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem report window continues to open 1Password 4

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rja: Please see my reply in the other discussion where you posted the exact same thing. 1Password 4, Mavericks, and major web browsers will not be compatible with 1Password.com and are not receiving fixes either:

1Password 4 legacy support information

Let me know if you have any questions!

• rja
    rja
    Community Member

I appreciate all you have suggested/advised so far and I also understand what legacy means.

Are you suggesting that I delete the app without being able to access all my so far saved p'words.

This NEW problem needs a "fix" please all I am asking is "how to get rid/turn off/stop" this window invading my screen.
    Not angry, just a wee bit frustrated, and I also understand how annoying ??? such as these are to you.

Can you at least suggest how to stop this window appearing and how/where I can "recover" my p'words, please.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rja - the error message window you're receiving is a function (I think) of 1Password mini no longer being able to connect with either the browser extension or the main 1Password app, not quite sure which in this case. The easiest way to make it go away temporarily is to click "Cancel," then proceed with unlocking 1Password. If you were previously syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox or iCloud, then you can already access that data from any other device; no need to export or "recover" your data.

If you've been using 1Password on ONLY this device, then once you've unlocked 1Password, you can export your data, and import it into a newer copy of 1Password once you get your Mac upgraded to use a more-recent OS (El Capitan or newer) and current version of 1Password for Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rja: I apologize for completely misunderstanding. I thought the problem you were having was being able to use your 1Password.com account. The only thing you need to do to dismiss that window is Cancel or Send. If it continues happening though, it's because something is amiss on your system: possibly as simple as the app being damaged, but certainly it could be something with frameworks that 1Password is trying to use in OS X. Please let me know if the problem persists after restarting your Mac! Again, I'm sorry for being so dense earlier. I can imagine why you'd be frustrated. We're here to help though!

• rja
    rja
    Community Member

Lars, Brenty, sincerely appreciate your measured replies. Lars you wrote, "The easiest way to make it go away temporarily is to click "Cancel,"" which would have been ok except it reappeared almost instantly again after cancel was pressed, even trying to "SEND" had no effect. It was a frustrating few hours.

I would get the main window to open only to have the "report window" lock me out again :(

No need for an apology Brenty, the stress of too many ?? like my "Dinosaur" can make you wonder ...........
    "why doesn't he just upgrade his OS etc :)"

I have 2 Macs one for legacy architecture s'ware, and 10.9.5 which allows me to stay connected with a later iteration of same s'ware. Same s'ware I beta tested for several years. It has passed me by now but still do some work. I cannot justify the cost this continual "upgrading" of OS/s'ware. I am aware that at some point all will be lost, but my time on this planet is getting short too :)

Anyway decided to "bin" several folders of "safe" stuff, caches, prefs and now have been able to export and print a hard copy, so all good for now :) I have an email from Laura Rooke to respond and hopefully it will close this query.
    Again many thanks for your replies and patience. Kind regards, Rod

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Lars, Brenty, sincerely appreciate your measured replies. Lars you wrote, "The easiest way to make it go away temporarily is to click "Cancel,"" which would have been ok except it reappeared almost instantly again after cancel was pressed, even trying to "SEND" had no effect. It was a frustrating few hours.

@rja: If it were me, I think I'd go with "infuriating". I'm sorry you're running into such an issue. That definitely isn't normal. :(

I've seen something similar with error reports on OS X/macOS in years past, but not recently, so I wonder if it's something that was fixed in later versions.

I would get the main window to open only to have the "report window" lock me out again :(
    No need for an apology Brenty, the stress of too many ?? like my "Dinosaur" can make you wonder ........... "why doesn't he just upgrade his OS etc :)"

That's very generous of you. I can't claim that upgrading would solve all of your woes, but I am guilty of putting on my security hat and banging that drum a bit hastily at times...

I have 2 Macs one for legacy architecture s'ware, and 10.9.5 which allows me to stay connected with a later iteration of same s'ware. Same s'ware I beta tested for several years. It has passed me by now but still do some work. I cannot justify the cost this continual "upgrading" of OS/s'ware. I am aware that at some point all will be lost, but my time on this planet is getting short too :)

Apple has made OS upgrades available for free for years now, but you're right that there's always going to be a cost in terms of time at the least...and certainly if it requires new hardware that ain't cheap.

Anyway decided to "bin" several folders of "safe" stuff, caches, prefs and now have been able to export and print a hard copy, so all good for now :) I have an email from Laura Rooke to respond and hopefully it will close this query. Again many thanks for your replies and patience. Kind regards, Rod

Likewise! If all is well again, that's great, but please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further issues.

ref: BFX-96164-485

• rja
    rja
    Community Member

Cheers Brenty, sent diagnostic report to support, but do not wish to have them waste time.

Cost of OS isn't the problem, my CAD package runs to several $K's :( ...... along with other supporting packages.
    Many thanks again, your s'ware has been faultless save trying to keep in step with OS changes :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense. I'm sorry that's holding you back a bit, but if in the future you are able to upgrade we're happy to help you acclimate to a new version of 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.