To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password accessing Family level account

Options
greenlar
greenlar
Community Member

I am on the 30 day trial period. Family account with 1Password6. As the account organizer, I invited my wife within a shared vault. When completing the her response to my invite she set up her own secret key and master password. So far I think all is right. As the organizer, I am using the Mac app and it requires my master password to access. As an invited family member, evidently she has to use my master password to access 1Password on our iMac desktop. As a family member is there anyway she can open 1Password on our iMac using her master password, rather than my master password?
Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X1013
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am on the 30 day trial period. Family account with 1Password6. As the account organizer, I invited my wife within a shared vault. When completing the her response to my invite she set up her own secret key and master password. So far I think all is right.

@greenlar: Great! :chuffed:

As the organizer, I am using the Mac app and it requires my master password to access. As an invited family member, evidently she has to use my master password to access 1Password on our iMac desktop.

That's not how 1Password (and, frankly, many other apps) is intended to be used. But certainly it's your prerogative if you want to share all of your data. If the app is setup with your account, then, yes, that's the Master Password that will be required to unlock it.

As a family member is there anyway she can open 1Password on our iMac using her master password, rather than my master password?

Yep! She can have her own macOS user account, and if she uses 1Password (or any other apps there) she'll have her own setup separate from yours. That's not only more secure, but it also allows each person to customize things: Desktop, Documents, bookmarks, etc.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.