[6.8.469 beta] 1 day is added to entered dates [Confirmed due to UTC+12 time zone. Will fix]

Lanceanz
Lanceanz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I create or update a date-field, on leaving the field the date is always 1 day after the date I've entered. For example, 01/10/2017 becomes 2/10/17; 01-Oct-17 becomes 2/10/17; 31-Oct-17 becomes 1/11/17; 31-Dec-17 becomes 1/01/18; 14/6/17 becomes 15/06/17. Note that a day is added during periods of Daylight Saving and Standard Time.

This happens no regardless of whether I select a date from the date-picker, or enter it manually as e.g. 01-Oct-17, 01-Oct-2017, 1/10/17, 2-9-17.

Windows is set to Region = New Zealand, Date & time = (UTC+12:00) Auckland, Wellington; Adjust for daylight saving time automatically = ON.

This issue was happening on 6.8.465 too. I've just updated to 6.8.469 and it's still happening.

1Password Version: 6.8.469
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10 17004.1000
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lanceanz: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like you may be hitting a bug we fixed a while ago, but perhaps your data is from around that time. If you create a new item are you still seeing this issue there?

ref: OPW6-1253

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Hi. I've retested and confirm that it occurs on fields on a new item, or existing item. It is only happening on the Windows beta app, and seems to be a display issue.
    1. I enter a date on the Windows beta. Date + 1 is displayed
    2. Open iOS app. The correct date is displayed.
    3. Change the date on the iOS app. Correct date is displayed on iOS.
    4. Return to Windows beta. Date + 1 is displayed.

On Windows beta:
    1. Select Edit mode and click the calendar-icon. The highlighted date in the month view matches the date shown in the field, i.e. it's also showing date + 1.
    2. Click on the previous day in the month view. After I click, the field shows date + 1.

So, in the meantime I'll just need to remember it's only displaying date+1 on the Windows beta. It's syncing the correct date.

• Hi @Lanceanz,

Thanks for testing and sharing the results with us.

Just to be clear, you did not see this issue in 1Password 6.7 stable update, you started seeing this with 1Password 6.8 betas?

We didn't make any changes to the date field for 1Password 6.8 betas but it sounds like the core issue is the UTC + 12 hours. You'd think in this time and age, we'd (the software industry) have perfect date/time calculation with UTC and everything working perfectly out of the box.

I'm trying to reproduce this but for some reasons, Windows is reverting to my local time regardless of all automatic settings I disabled.

I'll keep testing and get back to you as soon as possible.

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I can't be 100% certain as I've been using the Windows betas for many months. I believe it only started happening within the past 2 weeks. I'm a heavy iPad user and mostly create items on iOS, and update existing fields there too. Back on my PC, sometimes I will go back to a new item when I'm on my PC and take advantage of the greater editing-functionality to tidy things up. Therefore the issue could have been in the Windows app for longer than 2 weeks, without me noticing. OTOH - I use 1Password so much that I believe it is new.

• Hi @Lanceanz,

I was able to reproduce this issue, here's the issue:

When creating a date, we set it to 12:01 PM (Not AM) using UTC +0. As you are UTC+12, adding 12 hours would result into + 1 day 1:01 AM.

I'll file a bug report to see if we can factor in the local time zone + daylight when representing the display but not saving it as such.

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Well done. I've been caught by that myself, as a long-term database person. I've also checked the macOS App. It is indeed only the Windows app that displays the date incorrectly.

• Yep, thanks for your help and reporting this!

This discussion has been closed.