I cannot logon one of my family members.

angela_pompian
angela_pompian
Community Member

Get error message after trying recovery two times and entering all requested data correctly. dont know what else to try
Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @angela_pompian,

Can you give us the exact error message that you're seeing? That'll help us determine the best next steps for you.

Thanks

Rick

• angela_pompian
    angela_pompian
    Community Member

THE MESSAGE SAYS unable to sign in please check details provided and your network connection. Also, I can login him into the website, but when I download the windows app and try to log him in there the above is the message I get. So it no longer prompts him to save the login details when he is on the computer. So frustrating! There is also no chrome extension available to him anymore and I cant figure out how to download that and try and get that working for him.

• @angela_pompian: This sounds like either anti-virus or firewall software blocking the 1Password app's connection to the 1Password servers. Could you let me know if you're using any anti-virus, firewall or other security software on this PC? Thanks! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@angela_pompian: Also, please note that you can't sign multiple users from the same account into the app. 1Password is a single-user app, and desktop OSes like Windows have great multi-user support built in, so that each person can have their own Windows user account with their own 1Password setup (and browser, settings, bookmarks, etc.) Cheers! :)

• angela_pompian
    angela_pompian
    Community Member

Brenty; I don't know what you are talking about-this is a family account with multiple users and multiple login addresses. I do the tech support only. What are you referring to? This is a PC, whereas others use a mac. There is no antivirus software on the pc that has the trouble.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@angela_pompian: I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you meant by "I cannot logon", etc. Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your earlier posts it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you trying to sign in to the 1Password.com website, or the 1Password app on the PC? Are you able to sign into the account on another PC? Thanks in advance! :)

• angela_pompian
    angela_pompian
    Community Member

The problem I am having is on a PC with windows latest version. This pc can access the website and get into the family vaults. This pc cannot open the one password 6 pc version. It downloads but gets the error message I referenced above. Then I have twice done the recovery process, and used the emergency kits those two times, and they do not work. Again, accessing from the website on the pc is not a problem. However, the app needs to be working. I would also accept the chrome widget thing, but I can not get that to load/or even find where it is to download it. I need a solution that allows new passwords to be saved automatically.
    Thanks you

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for those additional details, @angela_pompian. My guess would be the same as @bundtkate's above. You said this is the error message you're seeing:

THE MESSAGE SAYS unable to sign in please check details provided and your network connection.

I've added the emphasis on the last part since it sounds like you have ruled out the details being incorrect.

You won't be able to use 1Password in Chrome until you can sign in to the app, so let's get to the bottom of this issue. Everything will fall into place after you are able to sign in to the 1Password app on Windows.

@bundtkate asked this earlier:

Could you let me know if you're using any anti-virus, firewall or other security software on this PC?

The answer to that might be the key to unlocking this mystery for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.