My password works on my iPad Pro but now today has stopped working on my iPhone 6 Plus? Help

MkeG
MkeG
Community Member

Hi, I have been using 1 Password seamlessly on my MacbookPro, IPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus. Suddenly today when I wanted to check out a password for a particular site I could not log into 1 Password. However I can log into my 1 Password app on my iPad. I am running the latest IOS 11.03 operating system. This is frustrating. Pleas help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password on iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Hi @MkeG,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

How are you syncing your 1Password data between your iPhone and iPad? Do you have a 1Password membership, or are you using a 3rd party service?

Which of these icons do you have for 1Password?

Please let us know. We’ll be happy to help. :)

Ben

• MkeG
    MkeG
    Community Member

I have the icon D for 1 Password and I'm running IOS 11

• MkeG
    MkeG
    Community Member

I receive all of the updates plus emails. How do I check if I have membership?? Might sound like a daft question but I purchased 1 Password on the App Store and as I said I sync through iCloud and have the app on my MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 6 plus. The app works well on iPad and on my Macbook. Its the same password I use on all three devices, but for some reason will no longer work on my iPhone. Help please. This is most frustrating

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MkeG: Can you clarify "could not log into 1 Password" and "will no longer work on my iPhone"? Are you seeing an error message? Please tell me the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect. Are you seeing updates for 1Password in the App Store? Thanks in advance!

• MkeG
    MkeG
    Community Member

As usual the app requests my password which I enter and I get a message saying error, wrong password. I am still able to log onto 1 Password on my iPad and MacbookPro. I have always received notifications of updates and have always installed the latest updates, from the App store.
    I receive Dave Teare's email messages also.
    I waded through the forums and self help pages to no avail and was also fed up trying to resolve the issue. In desperation I thought the data on my iPhone might be corrupted so I deleted 1Password from my iPhone and reinstalled it. I am asked to enter account details
    sign in address
    email address
    Your secret key
    Master password
    I know my master password as it works on my Macbook and iPhone but I do not recall a secret key or a specific sign in address other than my email

• I see. Thanks @MkeG, that information is very helpful. You do not have a membership/1Password account. When we talk about memberships and accounts we’re referring to our new subscription service. These accounts come with sign-in addresses and Secret Keys, which standalone instances of 1Password do not have.

On the welcome screen on your iPhone you’ll want to select the option to sync with the same sync service you use to sync your data between your Mac and your iPad, instead of selecting the option to sign into a 1Password account. If you aren’t sure which service that is you can check on your iPad under 1Password > Settings > Sync.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.