libopvault: open source OPVault decryption Linux library in C++

torshind
torshind
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Lounge

Hello.
I've developed in my (scarce) spare time this Linux library to decrypt 1Password databases in OPVault format:
https://github.com/torshind/libopvault
This is alpha quality software: it's pretty untested and lacks of a lot of features, but I can decrypt successfully the (2) sample databases I have.
If you can help to complete the library, get in touch!
If you have front end dev skills, feel free to use the library to create a proper GUI app. In the test directory there is a straightforward usage example (no docs yet >_<).

Regards,
torshind

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@torshind: That's really cool! Obviously we can't offer an endorsement (not that you were looking for one), but it's interesting to see what you and others in the community come up with. :)

• kfatehi
    kfatehi
    Community Member

Hi @torshind

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this library!

I discovered it this morning and basically had to stop everything and build a linux client, specifically tailored to dmenu users like myself.

I now have a 1password experience on linux that is exactly the way I want (modeled after passmenu which I loved, but never really migrated to because of lack of mobile, windows, and mac support). It actually goes a step further and not only can it manage the pasteboard but it can use xdotool to input directly into the focused application -- so I don't need a browser extension and can use it at terminal password prompts, etc.

It can be found here https://github.com/kfatehi/1passmenu

I just wish I could use it to create new logins and generate passwords too! If you add support for that I'll be sure to extend 1passmenu

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nice! We can't ever recommend someone enter their Master Password into something other than 1Password, but thank you for sharing that! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.