To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

One Organizer Managing Team and Family

convint
convint
Community Member

Greetings. I've helped people get going with 1P Family and with 1P Teams. Recently we added a Teams account to someone who already had Family account in place. We didn't see a way to add Team services to the existing Family account so we signed up for a separate account for Teams.

To administer the Family members and services we go to www.myfamilyname.1password.com and log in with the organizer's email address and Master password.

To administer the Team members and services we go to www.mybusinessname.1password.com and login with the same organizer email address and for convenience the same Master password as Family (above.)

1. Is this an acceptable structure?
  2. I was initially confused because I expected Family and Team members and services to be administered in one console. Will the two services always be administered individually by logging into the separate accounts at the discrete URLs referenced above?
  3. We've added both accounts to the Mac 1P app, we see all vaults, and services seem to be working as expected.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.x
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @convint,

Yep, that's exactly how 1Password Families and 1Password Teams are designed to work. :+1:

• convint
    convint
    Community Member

Thank you for clarification. All good! :) :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! That's what we like to hear. :)

Have a great rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.