To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My account is still frozen after I purchased the Pro Features? [Pro Features do not include account]

eccshopping
eccshopping
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Memberships

Hi,

I was trying to unlock my account, so I paid $9.99 for 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet, Pro Features via App Store. However, I can't still unlock my account. It's still frozen. Did I purchase the wrong item? I saw there's another subscription for $6.99 in the "Setting" page.

What should I do now?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi eccshopping - Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for the confusion. I just sent you over an email so we can continue the conversation over there. Reply back to me when you're ready and I'll be more than happy to help out.

Have a fantastic day and I'll talk to you soon!

ref: KIT-37181-636

• foxtrot
    foxtrot
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

I am having this same issue and quickly becoming incredibly frustrated and fed-up with the lack of basic solutions and problem solving: if I pay for my subscription and 1Password is still "frozen," then wait a day (out of respect and understanding), restart everything, clean-up my Mac, re-install 1Password and the app is STILL freezing me out, I'd call that a massive customer service, failing-the-user issue.

This is something (especially with a top-notch app like 1P) that shouldn't require secret emails, or outside-of-the-FAQ-area conversations. (How is that helpful to anyone?) It should just 'work.'

As a user who has paid a premium for your product, don't you feel I should receive the same service and painless experience in return?
    Either you get what you pay for or you don't. If I don't, please refund me and I'll use LastPass.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@foxtrot - I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. I've just sent you an email. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience, and I'll look into it. I'm sure we can figure this out.

ref: KPF-74777-757

• skaarj3
    skaarj3
    Community Member

Hello! I have the same problem. I think I have enjoyed the free month of subscription but today I have buyed the Pro feature in iOS. My account is still frozen. How can I solve this?
    Thanks in advance

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skaarj3 -- thanks for writing in and I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties just now. To be clear: purchasing the Pro features of 1Password for iOS via in-app purchase is not the same thing as subscribing to a 1Password membership. The former allows you to use all of the Pro features of 1Password for iOS with local 1Password data vaults, the latter gives you access to a 1Password account.

If you created a 1Password account when you first downloaded 1Password for iOS, it came with a free, 30-day trial, which it sounds like you've been using up until now. If you'd like to continue enjoying all the benefits of a 1Password account, you can subscribe either within 1Password for iOS or by visiting your 1Password account in a desktop web browser and adding your credit card for billing. Subscribing to a 1Password account gives you unlimited access too ALL our 1Password applications (on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), so you'll always have 1Password with you no matter what device or combination of devices you're using. Unfortunately, because the purchase of 1Password for iOS Pro features is made directly to Apple, we cannot refund you that purchase. You can approach Apple about a refund of your $9.99 in-app purchase. If you don't have any luck with Apple, we'd be willing to give you a credit on your subscription equal to the amount of the Pro features you purchased.

Finally, if you don't want to continue your 1Password subscription, you can keep your purchase of Pro features and transition to a local vault for your 1Password data. Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

• skaarj3
    skaarj3
    Community Member

Hi @Lars , thanks a lot for your great explanation.
    I think I’m gonna keep my pro account without subscription for the moment. Thanks again for your help :)

• On behalf of Lars you’re most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.