Cant change default browser in 1Password. Not under Preferences>General. I've looked everywhere.

Options

I currently have 1Password, Ver. 4.6.2.626 - I am unable to change the default browser. It is not located under Preferences>General.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Pro 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't change default browser in 1Password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rloreilly,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try to go to 1Password 4 > Preferences > General > Double-click > Open the URL in web browser. After that you will be able to choose the browser you open the link in when you double-click on an item.

Let me know if it works. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• rloreilly
    rloreilly
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding so quickly. I finally figured it out myself. I has to set the Default Browser in my Operating System first. I tried what you suggested but it automatically opens the default browser that is set up through the Operating System.

• @rloreilly: As Greg mentioned, though, you can choose a different browser than your default, if you'd like. Firefox is my default browser, but I'm able to set 1Password 4 to open in Chrome following Greg's instructions and it works for me. Of course, if you're happy with 1Password using your default browser, no reason to fix something that isn't broken. :chuffed:

• chloris
    chloris
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same question. I did as Greg outlinedabove (using 1Password preferences) and it works!

• Thanks for telling us, we'll see if we can improve this to be more clear in a future update, as it is a bit difficult to figure out for the first time.

This discussion has been closed.