1Password login prompt (chrome) not getting focus on popup

This is driving me crazy, and I never noticed when I was on my Mac. On Windows, using Chrome, if I'm not logged into 1Password, and I right-click on a form field and select "1Password," the 1Password popup comes up, but the focus remains on the username field of the underlying page form, which is quite annoying. Is this a known issue? I haven't determined if it happens on all sites but I know it happened on my mortgage lender site if that helps: https://servicinghome.customercarenet.com/ccn/servicinghome/mymortgage.html#HOME-C
I also haven't checked other browser extensions, other than chrome .

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rickcr,

Thanks for reporting this.

I've tried this and am not able to reproduce it. Where exactly are you right-clicking and does clicking on 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar or pressing Control + \ show the same problem?

Was 1Password locked or unlocked?

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

Like taking a car to the car to the mechanic:) ... I can't reproduce it now also! It also seems to often happen on an internal site at work also. It definitely only seems to happen when 1Password has been locked for not being in use for a while. I'll try to keep an eye on what could be causing it. Feel free to close this ticket until I can reliably reproduce it.
    As always, thanks for the great product!

• Hi @rickcr,

Like taking a car to the car to the mechanic:) . I can't reproduce it now also!

:smile: That happens a lot, it does make it difficult to figure out where the issue could be. However, it does give us a clue that it is not likely the site itself, otherwise it would be more consistent.

It definitely only seems to happen when 1Password has been locked for not being in use for a while.

Could you give us an estimate of how long 1Password would be locked/not used before this happens?

Also, it would help us if you can explain the common way you leave the computer idling, that may be the issue. For an example, do you leave the site open before you leave or sleep the computer (laptop), open it up again and click on 1Password immediately or something else?

The next time you see this, try to refresh the page and see if it happens again.

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

It definitely only seems to happen after the computer first wakes from sleep (or possibly on startup - haven't checked the latter.)
    I typically just walk away from my PC at home and it eventually goes to sleep (not hibernate) and when I come back is when I notice it on the site mentioned.
    I tested just now and it happened again, however, when I refresh the page 1Password then works as expected, so it's definitely somehow related to being idle for a long time.

• @rickcr: Thanks for the extra detail! I'll make sure to pass it along. To clarify: is the site in question already open when your computer sleeps or is this an issue even if you open the site after you wake the computer? Thanks! :chuffed:

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

I've been testing it by either
    1) typing in the URL over an existing tab
    2) ctrl-t new tab, then entering the UIRL that way.
    If you want me to share my screen on google hangouts or something I could show you.

• @rickcr: I think what you've shared is sufficient -- browser running, but site need not be opened already. Thanks! :+1:

• Ilkka
    Ilkka
    Community Member

I am experiencing this same issue with the latest Firefox, in the same scenario as rickcr. Win10, 1Password locked after computer hibernating overnight, right click on form field does not focus passphrase input but toolbar button does.

• @Ilkka: Does Ctrl + \ work okay for you? Also, could you clarify which version of the extension you have installed? It may well make no difference, but we pushed an update pretty recently, so worth checking all the same. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Ilkka
    Ilkka
    Community Member

The FF extension actually seems to be 1Password beta, 4.6.12.3. I don't even know what the shortcut key would be for me, since backslash on a Finnish keyboard requires holding down Alt Gr and therefore shortcuts based on it rarely seem to work :)

• @Ilkka: It'll still default to Ctrl + \ for ya (which, of course, won't work), but you can switch it is in Settings (cog wheel) > Options > General. Change the \ to something that works for you, if you could (I see # often for non-English keyboards), and let me know whether the keyboard shortcut works properly for you? Thanks! :+1:

• Ilkka
    Ilkka
    Community Member

Hey cool, changed the shortcut now. Focus worked but it didn't happen every time with the toolbar button either :) I'll keep using the shortcut and get back if it repeats.

• Thanks, we'll see if we can reproduce this on our computers.

This discussion has been closed.