Hyatt filling issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: AA.com American Airlines website.

Comments

• benjwa
    benjwa
    Community Member

I am having this same three-field issue on the Hyatt Hotels web site. Must be a trend :-(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@benjwa: Since you don't seem to be having trouble with American Airlines, I've split your comments into a new discussion from the other, which was unrelated.

Have you tried manually saving a new login there, so that 1Password can save all three fields? I'll also be happy to test it myself if you'll let me know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, along with the URL. :)

• benjwa
    benjwa
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Thanks, Brenty. I was having this problem with both Hyatt and American.

Your code fix copied from clipboard worked for me at American.

At Hyatt, tried saving a new login, and the new item filled in only 2 fields (and was confused on one of those). For the Hyatt problem:

URL: https://www.hyatt.com
    macOS: 10.12.6
    1Password: 1Password Version 6.8.2 (682002) Mac App Store
    Browser: Safari Version 11.0 (12604.1.38.1.7)
    Extension version: 4.6.11

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, Brenty. I was having this problem with both Hyatt and American. Your code fix copied from clipboard worked for me at American.

@benjwa: Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. I'm glad that helped!

At Hyatt, tried saving a new login, and the new item filled in only 2 fields (and was confused on one of those). For the Hyatt problem:
    URL: https://www.hyatt.com
    macOS: 10.12.6
    1Password: 1Password Version 6.8.2 (682002) Mac App Store
    Browser: Safari Version 11.0 (12604.1.38.1.7)
    Extension version: 4.6.11
    Thanks.

Awesome! Well...the info, anyway. Not awesome that you're still having trouble, but we'll see what we can do here.

So, it looks like they pretty much want you to use the silly "popover" login form. This has two problems:

1. 1Password cannot fill this for you until you open it.
    2. And, as you mentioned, 1Password fills only two of the fields, and incorrectly at that.

I don't have a solution for that right now, but I've filed a bug report so we can try to get 1Password to work better there.

However, as a workaround, I've found that saving and filling a the "signing error" page does work:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/signin-error.html

Not having a valid account, I can't be certain, but let me know if that works for you as it appears to here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

ref: BRAIN-423

• benjwa
    benjwa
    Community Member

Tried using the sign in error page, but still doesn't fill correctly; passes over the membership number field, and puts the membership number in the last name field. :-(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@benjwa: Did you save a new login there as I suggested above? I had the same problem until I did that.

• benjwa
    benjwa
    Community Member

I had not saved a new login, and having done that, 1Password will fill the fields correctly once I am on that error page using the link you included here. Works automagically now! Appreciate your wrestling this one to the ground for me!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sweet! Thanks for letting me know, and for reporting this in the first place! Hopefully we'll be able to find a way to fill on that weird menu in the future as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.