Beta 0.9 published!

Options

We just published a new release a few minutes ago, and it is working its way through the Chrome Web Store update process now. It should be available for everyone in about an hour from now.

It's been nearly a month since our last update, so we have a doozy of an update for you here. We're especially excited by the new inline filling feature and are looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Here's the full changelog:

[NEW] You can now access 1Password directly from within web pages with our all-new inline filling menu!
[NEW] 1Password can now be locked from the toolbar icon context menu.
[NEW] When logging into a secondary account on 1Password.com, you will now be prompted if you'd like to add it to 1Password for Chrome.
[IMPROVED] Resigned automatic locking to address issues on Linux and avoid the many blank windows being reported (aka the white screen of death).
[IMPORVED] Many design improvements throughout the popup, including new icons and a spiffy new sidebar selection highlight.
[IMPROVED] Section headers within the popup are now sticky!
[IMPROVED] A native notification is now shown when an account is added automatically.
[IMPROVED] A ton of under the hood changes that lay the groundwork needed for many upcoming features.
[IMPROVED] Upped our required version of Chrome from 58 to 60.
[IMPROVED] Improved filling in many situations.
[IMPROVED] Added our homepage URL to the Chrome manifest.
[FIXED] Vaults where a user has access to manage but not view items are no longer displayed.
[FIXED] Pressing the escape key now closes 1Password when the search field is focused and empty.
[FIXED] Accounts can no longer be added multiple times.

Please put this new version through its paces and let us know how it goes.

Thank you! <3

Comments

• Zod
    Zod
    Community Member
    Options

I love the new inline filling menu! Now we need an inline password generator too. Keep up the good work, I'm really liking this new approach without any app installed

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Wow, nice update :+1:

It also broke some a nice feature :-)
    If the url wasn't the current site, there was a "GO" in the past, now it's "FILL"
    I had favorites to quickly open some password protected sites like this one and a other 1password account which I don't open by default

add to 1password for a account is great!

Keep up the good work guys! Love ya!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I love the new inline filling menu! Now we need an inline password generator too. Keep up the good work, I'm really liking this new approach without any app installed

@Zod: I can't comment yet, but I think it sounds cool .... ;)

If the url wasn't the current site, there was a "GO" in the past, now it's "FILL"
    I had favorites to quickly open some password protected sites like this one and a other 1password account which I don't open by default

@srcoder: I'm seeing that too, I'll dig in and see what's causing that unfortunate issue.

add to 1password for a account is great!

Keep up the good work guys! Love ya!

The feelings mutual. :) <3

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• josephholsten
    josephholsten
    Community Member
    Options

WOO!

Sadly, the in-line filling menu does not play nicely with the lastpass one I have to use for work :-( I've got a few other nits I should actually write proper bug reports for, but I'm excited to see the progress!

Thanks for the awesome! And the excuse for exclamation! Points!

• suushie_maniac
    suushie_maniac
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Thanks for the update!

However, the German translation for "CTRL+Period" in the popup unlock message is not "Strg+Zeitraum".

"Zeitraum" refers to a period in the sense of "time period". A period in the sense of the interpunctuation sign translates as "Punkt", so you should go with "Strg+Punkt" instead ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@suushie_maniac, I'm pretty sure that string — Strg+Zeitraum — isn't one we have any control over. It's from Chrome, so we can't change it.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@josephholsten: We included an option to disable inline filling if you need it. You can find it on the settings page by right-clicking the 1Password for Chrome extension icon and selecting options.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• wiserweb
    wiserweb
    Community Member
    Options

The inline form filler was causing all sorts of issue with form fields being pushed to the right of my screen. Other instances it would display a list of logins but I wanted to use a manual login and couldn't close it. I had to disable it.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wiserweb: Sorry about that. We will be posting an update soon to massively improve inline filling. We knew there were going to be some issues, which is why we included an option to disable it. Some features we release really show what a beta (maybe alpha) app is supposed to look like. ;)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Thanks for the report, @wiserweb. Could you share a few of the URLs where you saw that happening so we can test?

This discussion has been closed.