[6.8.469 Beta] Saving new item via 1Password mini doesn't show new data until lock/unlock

Spn13
Spn13
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Chrome. I run 1P extensions, Settings, Save New Login, Tab "Create new", Button "SaveLogin" - and login isn't savings.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @spn13,

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Does this happen on any sites or a specific one?

Also, can you open the main 1Password app, lock and unlock, does the items show up now?

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Hi,
    After lock and unlock, the items does show

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

But this is normal?

• Hi @Spn13,

No, it isn't normal. What's happening is that 1Password mini is saving the data properly but it is not refreshing the database for the UI to show the new data. Lock/unlock does this, thus why I asked you to do that.

We're looking into it but haven't been able to reproduce it yet, we'll fix it soon.

For the moment, can you reproduce this again and send me a fresh diagnostics report? Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

I sent

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: PHQ-25927-371

• wdjac
    wdjac
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Build: [6.8.465 Beta] Windows 10
    Mini [4.6.11.91] Chrome
    1Password for Teams

I have a similar problem. When 1Password mini shows up after a login and I want to "Create New" login, it is not possible to click the "save" button. Nothing happens after click on it. Even after lock / unlock, there is no new saved login.

[EDIT]
    Sorry. Didn´t updated to latest build [6.8.469 Beta]. Problem is now fixed. :p

• That's great, thanks for letting us know the update fixed it for you.

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

I have the same issue, new login button on mini does nothing, so I have to save it manually. I'm on beta 6.8.465, how do I get the beta updates?

• MikeT
    edited October 2017

Hi @mtoomajian,

Thanks for writing in.

Open 1Password, unlock, and click on Settings (gear icon on the bottom left). In the Settings view on the right, go to the Updates tab and you can check for an update there.

You might want to enable the auto-update feature if it is not intentionally disabled, so 1Password can keep you updated all the time when it is locked. It checks for a beta update once every hour or if beta update is disabled, stable update every eight hour.

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

When I go there and click update, it says it's up to date at 6.8.465.
    I went to the Release Notes and tried to download 6.8.BETA-469, shown below. But the file it downloads is 1PasswordSetup-6.8.465.exe, so there is in incorrect pointer somewhere.

Let me know how to get it.

Thanks- Mark

1Password for Windows
    Release Notes

Show betas

6.8.BETA-469 (build #469) – released 2017-09-03 – download
    FIXED

We unintentionally removed the right-click support when we made the fix to improve the sidebar clicking issue in the last beta update, this restores the support while maintaining the fix. {OPW-1476}

• Hi @mtoomajian,

I just tested myself and it downloaded 469 for me, not to mention our download stats show that most folks are getting 469.

Did you enter your registered HockeyApp email address in the Updates section of 1Password?

By the way, the download link on the release notes only shows the latest beta link for the signed-in HockeyApp users. Try signing in at https://rink.hockeyapp.net/users/sign_in and then try to click on the download link.

If that doesn't work, can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, it should log why it can't get the latest version. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

My email address was already in the HockyApp address field. Didn't help. But logging into the link you provided worked. Thanks. I'll let you know if the new login button works next time I have a new login to try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for the update. Definitely let us know! :)

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member

As others mentioned, with 6.8.BETA-469 the button in the mini to save a new login works, but I don't see the login until I lock & unlock.

• MikeT
    edited October 2017

Update: I've reproduced it and filed a bug report to have it fixed soon.

ref: OPW6-1515

This discussion has been closed.