First impression feedback

Options

Its looking great btw :)

Couple of points;

1) I received two emails stating I had connected Chrome to my account, with saying the same, with the same time, just with different icons? Is this normal.

2) Couldn't the 1P window resize itself rather than be a fixed size, as I have only 2 more items in the left tab, but have to scroll down to them each time, which after a while becomes annoying. Resizing the window slightly would allow all on the left column items to be displayed.

Regards

1Password Version: 6.8.3b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mannp
    mannp
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

3) Add if enabled, the option to turn off the in built in chrome password system.

For a fresh system this means only 1P is enabled and you don't get multiple dialog boxes asking to save the password.

For newcomers they may think 1P is storing the passwords, but instead its been Chrome.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @manp,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta!

I greatly appreciate you posting your feedback here. I'd like to respond to each of your points briefly:

1. Yes and no. The reason why you received two emails is due to 1Password for Chrome (the extension), and 1Password.com are two different clients. We've worked hard to make them blend together, and our sign in process is one of the easiest we've had yet (in my opinion at least). If you were already using 1Password.com on the same browser, then you should only get one email as you add your account to 1Password.com. All that being stated, at a minimum we will make our emails a little more clear, but preferably we can work with our security team to safely identify both the browser and extension as one device.

2. I'd love to see this resizable, but there are some technical limitations. I'm not going to say never, but this isn't likely something we can do right away. However, we've already discussed increasing the size a little bit which will hopefully help you out a bit.

3. You bring up an excellent point, and I believe we could do better here across all our clients. I'll need to look into it, but I suspect that there's no way for us to do this programmatically. We will be improving our onboarding/welcome process, and it would be awesome, at the very least, to add a tip to inform new users how to do this.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's beneficial to see how our initial users feel to gauge our future development (there's a lot still coming :+1: ).

I hope you have a pleasant weekend. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• mannp
    mannp
    Community Member
    Options

@beyer Ok thanks, makes sense and glad it was of use.

You could exclude the trash can from the window resizing perhaps, but guess that will differ depending on how many vaults people have.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@mannp: You're very welcome.

You could exclude the trash can from the window resizing perhaps, but guess that will differ depending on how many vaults people have.

If you're referring to the Trash category showing when you're viewing the item details, this is actually a bug (it shouldn't be displayed there) that will hopefully be fixed sooner than later.

Cheers!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.