Safari extension not working

Options

Hello,

I recently had a HD crash on my MacBook Pro and had to reinstall everything. Everything is working fine afterwords, except the extension for Safari. When I click the button I just get redirected to a download site and get prompt to allow the extension to open 1P (or something). Hmm, it's the weirdest thing, as I am writing this the extension is working all of a sudden. The only thing different is that I have opened the main app to get my user/password for this forum.

Anyways, something is wrong. Right?

Please advice.

OS X 10.12.5, Safari 10.1.1, 1P 6.8.2, Safari extension 4.6.11

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Unforgetable
    Unforgetable
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that I've tried to reinstall the extension (from the gallery), but it's the same result.

• Unforgetable
    Unforgetable
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Unforgetable: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This isn't a chat room, but a public support forum. We try to respond to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis, and I'm sorry that's meant you had to wait while we assisted others who contacted us before you. :(

I don't believe this will make a difference in your specific case, but I should mention that macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Safari 11 are available with some big improvements.

It's definitely odd that you're having trouble with the 1Password extension in Safari though just since reinstalling, as we haven't changed anything there since you were using it previously. Do you have "security" software which may be interfering with 1Password connecting to the browser? If not, please try the following:

1. Remove any copies of the 1Password browser extension from Safari Preferences > Extensions
    2. Close Safari
    3. Drag the 1Password app to the Trash (do NOT use a "cleaner" app!)
    4. Restart your Mac (good opportunity to do updates first)
    5. Install the 1Password app
    6. Install the 1Password extension

Edit: It appears you've also contacted us separately via email, so we can continue the conversation there:

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to immediately generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#JAR-28299-737]

If you’re reading this and you are not Unforgetable, this Support ID is for Unforgetable only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: JAR-28299-737

• Unforgetable
    Unforgetable
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thanks for answering. No, I didn't mistake this for a chat room, I was just under the impression that some of the staff were kind of keeping an eye on the forum. My mistake. Sorry.

I have done a diagnostic as requested.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Unforgetable: No apologize necessary. I hear you. I meant no offense. Since many people come here thinking this is a real time chatroom, I wanted to make sure we're on the same page there. We're all happy to help, and since I see your email in the inbox I'll go take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you there. Looking forward to figuring this out to get you back up and running. :)

This discussion has been closed.