Confused...with version 6.7

Options

Currently I have 1P 4.6.2.626 with my data in dropbox. I wanted to use the Edge extension so I installed 1P 6.7 and the Edge extension. All was working fine. Then I went to do the same on another computer but 1PW 6.7 doesn't see my vault and wants me to create an online account which I don't want to do. Why does dropbox work on one computer but not the other?

Also, on the computer that actually works, my folder structure is totally gone on 6.7. Is there a way to convert my folder names to tags?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kurtd: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Edge can only work with 1Password 6, and 1Password 6 only works with a 1Password.com account — which is why you're asked to sign in or create one. It sounds like one one computer you may have landed a local vault from your Dropbox folder, which is useful for importing into a 1Password.com account, but otherwise unsupported and read-only. You're welcome to try a 1Password.com account for 30 days to take advantage of all its benefits, like access to all of the apps, the web interface, and no license management or sync configuration (you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data). Otherwise you can continue using your local vaults with the version you paid for. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    Options

You're right, it looks like it's read only but somehow it allows the edge extension to work. I still have 4x for everything else. How did that happen on one computer but not the other. I'd like to have that feature on both.

Will you be adding dropbox or onedrive support to the new version? One of the main reasons I chose 1PW was because I could use dropbox.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@kurtd,

No ETA as yet but 1Password 7 for Windows will support local vaults.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kurtd: Local vaults and 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge will be supported in 1Password 7 for Windows, but as wkleem noted above, we do not have any timeframe at this point.

Let us know if it answers your question. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.