Unable to unlock

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Individual to Family Questions.

Comments

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

Morning, I’m on the road traveling. I cannot log into 1Password on my iPhone. The Touch ID option no longer shows up and the password is not working.
    Help?
    I do have the long master key also.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TroyKrueger

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re referring to as the master key. There are two items associated with 1Password accounts which could be called that:

• The Master Password - you choose this when you set up your account. This would be what 1Password for iOS is asking you for.
    • The Secret Key - This is a long randomly generated string starting with “A3.” You’ll only be asked for this the first time you sign in from a device (unless you erase 1Password from that device, or make some other change requiring it).

If you still have a Primary vault on your iOS device 1Password will unlock using the Master Password for that vault, instead of the Master Password for your account.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx Ben, I have the secret key and the master password. I am able to log into my account on the web interface with those. But the master password (that same master password) does not work to unlock 1Password on my iPhone. Which has always worked in the past no problem. Also the Touch ID ability to log into 1Password on the iPhone is also no longer available to me.

• Ben
    Options

@TroyKrueger

When you log in to 1Password.com do you have access to all of your data? If so I’d recommend uninstalling & reinstalling 1Password for iOS. If you do NOT have all of your data available to you from there then please do not uninstall 1Password, as doing so will erase any 1Password data that exists only on the device.

What I suspect may have happened here is that you have an old Primary vault on iOS. When a Primary vault exists 1Password unlocks with the Master Password for that vault, instead of your account Master Password.

Thanks.

Ben

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

Nice, reinstalling did it bro! Duh, I should have tried that first. Many thanx for your excellent help.
    God Bless you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Ben was able to help out! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed: :+1:

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

Arg, almost there. I can’t find where to sync with the Dropbox master file. iPhone. I’ve gine thru all settings, don’t see it. Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TroyKrueger: Can you tell me what you mean by "Dropbox master file"? Are you using a 1Password.com account or not? If you are, Dropbox is not involved.

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry if I’m confused, or not learned.... lol, on the 3 computers we have I think they sync with a Dropbox file. (I’m not at home to check this out sorry, visiting elderly relatives, on the road) but since the computers sync to a Dropbox file, does not my iPhone also sync to that file?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TroyKrueger: Ah, gotcha. So, if you have a 1Password vault in Dropbox that you've been using, you can either select it when setting up the app for the first time (under "If you've used 1Password before"), or configure it in sync settings:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

Just make sure you use the same vault as the other devices, or you'll have different data. But again, if you're using a 1Password.com account, none of that is necessary — you just sign in to access the data in your account.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions when you get back. Safe travels! :)

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot see how to select that file to sync on my iPhone.

• TroyKrueger
    TroyKrueger
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind! I am reinstalling and see the option, thanx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.