Can you recommend a way to remove duplicate bookmarks in Chrome?

heartofmyhome
heartofmyhome
Community Member

I've would like to quickly remove duplicate bookmarks without going through everything myself. Is there app or extension for Chrome that you approve of?

Thank you so much!
Cathy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate bookmarks

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heartofmyhome: It's possible that someone here will have some suggestions, but since this is the AgileBits support forum for 1Password and not a general internet discussion forum it may be worth checking out something like that more focused on Chrome customization — or do a search in the Chrome Store and check out the reviews.

That said, since we're very security- and privacy-focused here at AgileBits and those are things I'm personally passionate about as well, I should mention that you need to be aware of what you install and the sort of access you give it. Certainly if you install an app on your computer to try to help you manage your bookmarks, be sure it is from a trustworthy source — not only a reputable developer, but also downloaded from a safe website.

But with Chrome specifically, many extensions ask for a lot of permissions when you install them, and if you grant them it would be possible for the extension to (in many cases) see everything you do in your browser. Certainly, at the very least, anything that you use to manage your bookmarks would know the websites you frequent, so it's important to be aware of that going in. Privacy is important, I think, even when you have nothing to hide. Just something to keep in mind. Stay safe out there! :sunglasses:

• heartofmyhome
    heartofmyhome
    Community Member

Thanks for the wake-up call. I can do this without an additional extension. I really should know better by now; I'm not going to consider it and I'll just clean up my own mess.

Thanks again, you really helped me more than you know. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No problem! I always hate to get into it like that, as I don't think it's helpful for us to be paranoid — but, as Ben Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, so it's good to be aware. Cheers! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.