Activate the PIN code

Options
Kanye
Kanye
Community Member

Hello everyone!
I use 1Password with a subscription on an iPhone 6 with iOS 11 and I read it was possible to use a pin code to unlock the app.
I went in setttings->security and I’ve enclosed ona screenshot of the different options that were proposed to me.
There was everything but no Pin.
Would you know how I could fix that?
Thanks!

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi there @Kanye :)
    As far as I'm aware, the option to use a PIN code to unlock the app was an old option used back on earlier versions of 1Password before things like Touch ID were available to make it easier for people who did not want to have to type out their long, complex master passwords on a mobile keyboard. Nowadays, with Touch ID able solve that particular issue much more securely, the PIN option is no longer available.

• Kanye
    Kanye
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your answer Corey!
    I am very surprised because I heard about the pin code on Iphones with the Touch ID.
    Maybe someone of the 1Password team will solve this mystery(?)

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

My pleasure @Kanye :)
    Of course, an AgileBits team member could very well prove me wrong on that front, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. May I ask where you heard about using a PIN code?

• Kanye
    Kanye
    Community Member
    Options

Sure!
    It was on the phone of a friend using the app on an IPhone 6S(included Touch ID) so maybe it has been changed since by an update of the app(?)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Kanye: Ah, maybe your friend broke Touch ID? A PIN code option is only available when Touch ID is not. So, while it isn't something we'd recommend (PIN codes are much easier to circumvent), I guess you could disable Touch ID on your device and you'll have that option.

This discussion has been closed.