Firefox extension/add-on is not active - cant be used at all

Options
paul22
paul22
Community Member

Hello,

A few weeks/months back I noticed that my 1password extension for firefox was not working. The logo on the toolbar that I usually press to activate the program was simply greyed out, and could not be interacted with in any way. It also appears that the 1password program installed on my mac has stopped speaking/working with the extension on the firefox browser, as passwords will not autofill when selecting from the IOS based mini 1password program that is also installed.

I have re-installed the extension and even my chrome browser numerous times.

Please help, I miss having auto fill functionality. Copy & paste is lame.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.6.4 (664002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• paul22
    paul22
    Community Member
    Options

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paul22 -- sorry for the trouble you've been having with 1Password's communication with the extension in Firefox. Can you please update your installation of 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store to the current version (6.8.2), delete the 1Password extension in Firefox, restart Firefox and then re-install the extension by visiting this link? Thanks. Let us know if that solves the issue for you.

• paul22
    paul22
    Community Member
    Options

issue fixed, thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@paul22 -- Excellent! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. :)

• coerv
    coerv
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Lars, I’ve got the same issue as described above, but I’ve got the most recent versions of 1Password (6.8.2) and Firefox (56) installed. My computer runs macOS High Sierra, could that be the problem?

• @coerv: I'm not aware of any specific issues with the extension and High Sierra and, truly, oftentimes we need look at some diagnostics to figure out exactly what the extension's beef is. Before we take that next step, though, could you let me know what version of the 1Password extension you're using as well? If you're not sure:

1. Click the 3 lines in the upper right-hand corner of Firefox and choose Add-ons.
    2. Click Extensions in the left-hand sidebar.
    3. Click the more link under the 1Password extension to display the version.

Thanks! :+1:

• rstolins
    rstolins
    Community Member
    Options

I see from this recent thread that Firefox has a 1Password extension. I've tried locating it multiple times and never do. Searches turn up password extensions from other vendors, but never Agile Bits. What am I missing? I use Firefox Mac; perhaps that's the problem?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rstolins :)
    All the available 1Password browser extensions can be found here. Just pick the one you want and download away.

Cheers. :)

• rstolins
    rstolins
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. Got it. Thought I'd looked high & low, but apparently not.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.