How to proof current license when re-installing 1 Password from Agile Bits website

Options
JeffLamothe
JeffLamothe
Community Member

Currenly have Ipassword 6.8.3
Fireflox 56 (64 bit)
Mac OS 10.12.6

QUESTION 1: I need to re-install 1Password on my MacBook Pro.
After I uninstall the current 1Password (which cannot connect to the Mini and the Firefox extension will not upgrade from the legacy extension) will I be able to reload or do I need to have a proof of purchase.

As I recall I purchased 1Password in May 2014 directly from Agile Bits and I think my email at that time was different from my current email address. I have that email address can provide it if needed in a private forum

Please advise

QUESTION 2: I also have IPassword on another Macbook Air which is working fine. Will un-installing and then re-installing on the MacBook Pro have any effect on the 1Password app running on the MacBook Air?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:re-install 1password

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @JeffLamothe,

QUESTION 1: I need to re-install 1Password on my MacBook Pro.
    After I uninstall the current 1Password (which cannot connect to the Mini and the Firefox extension will not upgrade from the legacy extension) will I be able to reload or do I need to have a proof of purchase.

You may need to apply your license file to the new version of 1Password. Do you have your license information saved in 1Password as a Software License or elsewhere on your computer? If not, we'd be happy to track down those details in our system. I did search using the email address that you have in your forum profile, but I did not find any matching information. Please email in to support+forums@agilebits.com with the email address that you used to make the purchase so we can help you find those details.

QUESTION 2: I also have IPassword on another Macbook Air which is working fine. Will un-installing and then re-installing on the MacBook Pro have any effect on the 1Password app running on the MacBook Air?

Reinstalling on one computer will have no effect on the other computer. Although it is important to make sure that your data on the MacBook Pro is fully synced to your MacBook Air (or at least backed up using File > Backup) so you're not losing any data. You can test to make sure that everything is synced by creating a new test entry on your MacBook Pro and seeing if it shows up on your MacBook Air.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.