Can I place 1PW on my MAC & MacBook to sync with my iPhone so I can access 1PW from either?

Options
Terry_Bailey
Terry_Bailey
Community Member

Can I place 1PW on my IMAC and MacBooks to sync with my iPhone so I can access 1PW from either?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I place 1PW on my MAC & MacBook to sync with my iPhone so I can access 1PW from either?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Terry_Bailey :)
    Indeed you can! There are a number of ways you can have 1Password sync your data across devices.

By far the easiest and quickest way to do it is with a 1Password Membership. 1Password Memberships allow you to use 1Password on all your devices, no matter the platform and automatically sync any and all changes between them seamlessly with no complicated setup. There are also a bunch of other benefits such as automatic backups and other things that you can read about here.

If you don't want to go the Membership route, though, there are still some options available to you. Note that these options will require some setup to make work, but it's not too bad. Since you are only using Apple devices your options are either syncing with Dropbox or syncing with iCloud and you can read all about setting those up at those links.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything further. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, 1Password.com is the best option, as it includes everything — except the need to configure sync and manage licenses: that's all automatic — but there are other options available to you as well. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• Terry_Bailey
    Terry_Bailey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. By going the membership route, does 1PW backup my info to the 1PW cloud?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Terry_Bailey: Yep! Not everyone is excited by the words "automatic offsite backup", but I am, as I've lost data in the past. So it makes me feel better knowing that anything you or I save in our 1Password.com accounts is encrypted and stored safely on the server.

Typically that's just nice because we want to access it on a new device, but if your devices are lost, stolen, or destroyed, you just need your account credentials to get your data again. And you can also restore deleted items, or even roll back to an earlier version of an item if you made a mistake. Helps me sleep better at night. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.