The 1Password locks and won't stay open in background on my iPhone

Options
James_Stead
James_Stead
Community Member

my 1pass won't stay unlocked on my iPhone. It goes locked in the background requiring the master password to be repeatedly entered

1Password Version: 6,8,2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10,3,3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:The 1Password locks and won't stay open in background on my iPhone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @James_Stead

The default settings are for 1Password to require unlocking every time you launch it. You can adjust these settings in 1Password > Settings > Security.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• JohnMosesBrowning
    JohnMosesBrowning
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing a similar problem with my iPhone 6. IOS 11.0.3. 1Password 6.9. I have Touch ID enabled and 1Password set to require the master password after a iPhone reboot. For the past week or so, my iPhone has required the master password at least once a day, today it was 3. The Touch ID then works for some unknown period of time until 1Password asks for the master password again.

I think this behavior started after I tried the setting Advanced > Security>Require Master Password: It had been set to After Device Restart. I changed it to 2 days for a few days and quickly decided I didn't like it, so, I changed it back to After Device Restart. It seems like these frequent requests for the Master Password started around this time. I think there is a problem in this setting area.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnMosesBrowning: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! This is a known issue on iOS 11, and we're looking into a way to get it working again. You can find more details here.. In the mean time, setting it to "Never" will allow Touch ID to work there if you prefer that.

This discussion has been closed.