Notes are not fully synchronise after format my mac

Options
orca
orca
Community Member

Hello,

I recently format my Macbook (made a backup with time machine before) and now some of the notes are not there. The title/name of the note is appearing but not the text inside.
I did some research after making sure all my accounts are connected and tried to find the "Containers" folder inside the backup but there was no way to find it. (Users/username/Library)

Maybe anyone got any idea how to find this folder in the time machine backup or another way to try to synchronise it?
This notes means a lot to me..

Thank's!
Orca

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: time machine

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @orca! There may be a few ways to recover your data, depending on a few factors.

Before you erased and reformatted your MacBook, how were you using 1Password? If you can answer a couple of questions, we'll have a much better idea of where to begin:

1. Did you have 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store installed? Or was your copy from us (AgileBits)?
    2. Were you syncing your 1Password data with any other devices?
  • orca
    orca
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

Thank you for your answer.
    1.I'm not sure what is 1Password...so guess I'm not using it.
    2. I didn't syncing it with other devices..only with this mackbook

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@orca -- this is a support forum for 1Password. If you're concerned about something besides 1Password on your Mac, we aren't the right place to answer your questions or assist you. When you mentioned "notes" in your initial post above, did you mean macOS Notes? Or something else?

• orca
    orca
    Community Member
    Options

oh ok. I didn't realised it..I'm sorry
    Yes I meant macOS Notes

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@orca -- no worries! I'm sorry for the confusion - 1Password also has a feature called Secure Notes, so I assumed you were talking about that. You should probably get in touch with either Apple support via email, or perhaps set up an appointment to take your Mac itself in to an Apple Store locally if you have one, and get them to see if they can recover your Notes. Good luck! :)

• orca
    orca
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much Lars!
    Wishing you all the best :)

Or

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @lars, you're very welcome.

I hope you have a pleasant week. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.