Unable to download - Chrome Web Store Says "Not Compatible"

Hi,

Just got into the beta! However, I can't seem to download it from the Chrome Web Store. The link to the direct extension says it's not compatible. It's showing 0.9.3 as well

I'm running Version 59.0.3071.135 (Official Build) (64-bit). The only minimum I see is version 58 or higher, and 59 is certainly higher, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

If you need more information, let me know!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vieravy: I'm not sure either, but it may be that Google isn't supporting outdated versions. What if you update to the current stable release? Does that help? 61 has been out for a while, and 62 is the latest as of today. 59 is months old, and it may be that something is hung up there with the pending updates.

• vieravy
    vieravy
    Community Member

Hm, that's not going to be possible, since the updates are managed by a system administrator. That build is the latest for me. I don't see any restrictions placed for the chrome web store, so that might be ruled out. Would there be any other thing that would trigger that not compatible tag?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@vieravy: Ah, there you go: if you're using a Google Account that's managed by an administrator, they may be restricting what can be installed. Have you checked with them? I suspect you might not have the same problem installing it into a "clean" Chrome profile without an accounts setup.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@vieravy: I can confirm 1Password for Chrome requires version 60 or higher at this time. There are some compatibility concerns when using ECMAScript 2016 on earlier versions of Google Chrome.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• vieravy
    vieravy
    Community Member

Ah, I see, I'll see if I can push the sysadmin for version 60, then try again.

Thank you for both of your help!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.