auto-lock

lisaperlie
lisaperlie
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have auto-lock set to lock when computer is idle after 4 hours.
But i am finding that it is never locked - e.g. when I come to my computer in the morning after my computer has been idle all night, 1password is not locked. I am wondering what is considered "idle" - user input not happening? or background processes/apps not running? I am sure there are always some background processes/apps that are always running.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 6.8.469
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @lisaperlie,

Thanks for writing in.

Idle means no user input via keyboard/mouse events. If you have a cat or dog that sleeps on the keyboard or play with the mouse during the night, 1Password will not auto-lock until another four hours passes without any keyboard/mouse actions.

Can you try changing the auto-lock timer to 30 seconds in 1Password's security settings and don't touch the keyboard or mouse for 31 seconds, what happens?

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member

I set the auto-lock time to 30 seconds and it did not lock.

• Hi @lisaperlie,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member

diagnostic report sent

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@lisaperlie: Thanks for sending over the diagnostics! I've found your e-mail. We'll take a look and get back to you via e-mail. :chuffed:

ref: FIU-49384-866

This discussion has been closed.