I am finding that the "in form" icon is not always working when revisiting my NVR website

After successfully using 1Password to initially log onto my Ubiquiti NVR web server, I returned to my pc a while later and the browser sessions have timed out - normal so far.

• After re-authenticating the 1Password session (using Ctrl + period), the "in form" icon appears in the username field - So everything is looking fine.
  • Click on the icon in the username field - it goes grey and no data is migrated via the 1Password plugin.
  • Click on the icon in the username field and it goes "live".
  • Open the 1Password plugin from the toolbar and although all appears to be "live", it is apparent that the plugin is not detecting the login page as the entry for it is not in scope.

I have made a short screen-cast to demonstrate the above which is available here

The NVR web server is sitting behind my firewall. I can provide access to this but I will not be making it generally available.
An alternative would be to download and install the NVR server from the Ubiquiti site. Mount it on a VM and use that to test with.

Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.2
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @stonerough,

Thanks for sending over the screen capture.

It appears the Login item for this page wasn't found when you activated 1Password. Are you, by any chance, using multiple 1Password.com accounts?

Also, if you can recreate this, are you able to find the Login item by searching for its title or the IP address?

I look forward to digging deeper into your issue.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member

Hi @beyer

I am using one (1) instance of 1Password (for family) and only my account.
    I am able to recreate this.
    The search is in the attachment - No it did not find the login entry...

However navigating to the entry and triggering the url from the entry works.

Cheers Peter

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member

Hi @beyer

I have been poking around trying a few things and think I have some idea of what may be occurring here.

• In the entry in 1Password for my NVR there two URLs.
    • The reason for is that I port forward the NVR so my pc at work can be used to open a NVR session directly.
    • So there is the public facing fixed IP number in one URL and a local network IP number in the other.
    • I changed the order of these and seem to have improved 1Passwords ability to perform the detection from within the form field.
    • I now expect that if I log into the NVR at work, I might see the problem behaviour...

Of course none of this may be relevant... I will advise if this is the case, in another post.

Peter

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional information @stonerough! I'll see if I can recreate that on my end.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Hi @beyer

Have just got to work and logged in to my NVR fine on the first attempt. Later today when I have to re-establish the sessions (after they time out) I will see if I still have a problem...

Something that I notice from this end (work) is that when performing the logon to the NVR, 1Password presents me with the option to log on to my Ubiquiti Unifi Controller website as well as the NVR website. This makes some sense as the "alternate" URL's for both sites are targeting the same fixed IP number assigned to my home router by my ISP (I just port forward the traffic on different ports). I am mentioning this because I do not know enough of how 1Password works, to evaluate if this might impact things testing from work

Peter

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member

Hi @beyer

I have just return to my desk and the web sessions had all timed out.

• Re activated 1Password
    • I was then able to us the "in form" icon function to insert the creds for my NVR.

Not exactly sure what this is telling us! But from my end, the problem (if it is/was one) looses visibility.

Peter

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@stonrough: Are you saying that its always working when you are at work? It sounds like this issue is most likely is due to the URLs you have saved in your Login item. Do you have both your public and private IP addresses saved on this Login item?

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member

@beyer: I have just had to rebuild my work machine :( So I haven't been as available to review the forum...

To answer your second question: Yes both my public and private IP address are entered into the one item. (Of course the creds are the same.)

What I changed was the order that the IP address URLs where in. Currently I have them in Public followed by Private.

When I experienced the problem, I was at home AND I had the URLs the other way round.

The way they are now works both at home and at work - like I said previously "the problem (if it is/was one) looses visibility."

When I get back home I will change them round and see if the problem appears again.

Cheers Peter

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

@beyer: This has me scratching my head a bit...

• When I got home I changed the URLs to the order they were in when I reported the original problem.
    • Logged in to my NVR for the "first" login, using the "in form" icon.
    • Returned a couple of hours later.
    • Re-authenticated the 1Password plugin.
    • Logged in to my NVR for the "second" login, using the "in form" icon and had no problem.

It is as if the fault was never present. The process worked exactly as I would want it to. I am not sure how we proceed here, as I do not seem to be able to replicate the fault.

If I hadn't done a screencast displaying the faulting icon for you guys, I would be really worried I was losing it! >_<

Peter

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@stonerough: Weird but it sounds like it's working, so let us know if that changes for you. :) :+1:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.