Biometric authentication

Options

Hi,

Are you planning to support more biometric authentication methods to unlock 1password?
In iOS you already support Touch ID, but what about devices?
Specifically I'm interested if the Nymi band could be used to unlock 1password on my desktop

Regards,

Jeroen

Comments

• Hi @JayWheel,

Thanks for writing in.

We support limited Windows Hello support in the Windows Store (UWP) version of 1Password 6 and we'd like to expand on this further in the future. If Nymi supports Windows Hello, 1Password should be able to use it.

Note, 1Password has been pulled from the Windows Store for new customers. We are working on bringing it back soon.

• JayWheel
    JayWheel
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I know Windows Hello supports the nymi, so it should be possible then. Great.
    The Nymi Band is a wearable Windows Hello compagnion device that allows you to sign into your Windows 10 device without a password. Just walk up to your PC wearing the Nymi Band, tap the band to express your intent, and then you’ll be quickly signed into your device.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good to hear! We're looking forward to being able to release a new UWP app with Windows Hello support too. :)

• deft
    deft
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

Any update on this? It is becoming more and more annoying to type a password every X minutes during a long work period.

The alternative of increasing the "lock after" period is not an option for security reasons, of course.

Paulo.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@deft: Only Windows Store apps can use Windows Hello. We'd like to have one there in the future (other than the new Edge extension), but right now our focus is on the desktop app, since the vast majority of Windows users (on 7 and 8.1 combined) won't be able to use 1Password 6 otherwise. Certainly if 1Password is locking because your computer is not in use that's a good thing. Hopefully we'll have more to share in this area in the future.

This discussion has been closed.